Systems Analyst/Trainer - Health Informatics at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are excited to expand the Health Informatics Precision Training team by onboarding new Systems Analyst/Trainer(s) to assist with maintenance, training and support of ongoing operations and implementation of clinical systems (including but not limited to CIS, EMR, Clin Doc, mobile applications, voice recognition software, cognitive support tools) used by clinicians and other users throughout the institution. Our work and mission is centered on support for patient care quality, workflow integration and efficiency.
The Division of Health Informatics (DHI) focuses on the interaction of people, processes, and technology to support the exemplary patient care delivered at MSK. We handle a suite of clinical information systems including the electronic health record, ancillary systems and tools that enable decision support, health information exchange and knowledge management. Additionally, we bring these tools to bear to support programs of care at MSK.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead one-on-one and group training sessions for MSK clinic staff, provide system support in clinic and office settings, as well as serve as an onsite resource for staff members during CIS implementations, upgrades and other hospital wide rollouts
- Work with the Systems Training Manager to identify new opportunities to broaden and strengthen the DHI training program
- Support new applications, ensure successful operation and use of existing applications, document procedures, prep training materials, maintain tracking systems & update dept. web pages
- Serve as a vital interface between the Systems Analyst developers and front end users, communicate optimally any pertinent workflow/systems issues and assist with resolutions
- Assess instruction to ensure users are proficient in technology use and able to meet the billing, research and regulatory compliance requirements
- Perform in-depth analysis and documentation of data and work flows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues
- Provide go-live and pre/post-implementation support for new modules
Our ideal candidate...
- Motivated & energetic self-starter committed to efficiency with excellent communication skills, attention to detail, eager to learn new technologies, enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team, navigating a fast-changing environment
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience working in healthcare; Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare, Informatics, Information Sciences/ Systems (or equivalent experience)
- Bonus knowledge* - development of reference material, online training computer modules or Storyline software
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
Our Hiring Process
You read the ad, agree it sounds like a great fit & apply -> Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) and/or start the process with a tech assessment, max 1 hr online -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video call -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to an on-site visit with the team -> post interview feedback -> ideally an offer! -> reference check & onboarding -> orientation & official welcome to MSK
We look forward to meeting you soon!
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.