Threat Intelligence Investigator at HUMAN
At HUMAN, we are all about knowing who’s real. We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud. We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an ongoing war that we fight passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
In this role, you will be part of a team of highly skilled and, sometimes quirky, hackers, intelligence investigators and software engineers who continuously hunt for threats, develop detection techniques, and share intel and attribution for cybercrime activity with the goal of protecting our customers and keeping the internet human.
You should be passionately curious and strive to work smart and fast to help produce insights that HUMAN has never seen before. You must use your skills to proactively identify new and emerging threats, hunt cyber threats to pinpoint nefarious activities on the internet and attribute these threats to botnets, campaigns, and actors.What you will do:
- Perform investigations to respond to threat detection and intelligence requests utilizing threat hunting or intelligence analysis best practices
- Perform research and author case studies and blog posts on bot detection
- Discover and track adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) leveraging bots and botnets
- Understand customer specific requirements and impact and exceed customer expectations
- Investigate threat intelligence and marker data for both anomalous and correlated events
- Develop techniques, tools and scripts to simplify yours and others work
- Knowledge and curiosity of cyber security trends and events related to our mission.
- You are self motivated and able to work with limited direction
- You have a strong sense of ownership that drives you to find ways to do things better and faster
- You look for new, innovative ways to solve complex problems, ideally through rigorous experimentation, at times working independently
- You are open, transparent, and work in tight collaboration with anyone
- You are comfortable communicating in a decentralized work environment and across organizations
- You have a track record of solving difficult problems
- You are naturally curious and passionate about learning and growing your skillset
- You have 4+ years of experience as a cyber intelligence analyst or threat hunter
- You are proficient in synthesizing analysis into actionable threat briefings.
- You are comfortable performing Whois searches, nslookups, and enumerating subdomains
- You know tools like Wireshark/Charles Proxy/Fiddler/BURP
- You know your networking protocols
- You can describe the 3-way handshake
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Competitive salary and commission structure
- Medical and dental insurance for all full-time employees
- Fully paid parental leave
- Professional development fund
- Great coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining values that embody diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing substantial work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.