Vice President of Operations - Manufacturing & Fulfillment
Shapeways is a platform that enables creators to make their products come to life. In 2007, we created 3D printing as a service and have now delivered 10 Million products to a growing community of over a million creators around the world. Our smart, engaged, fun team works with cutting-edge technologies every single day to help creators design, make and sell. We're bringing together passionate people to change the future and empower anyone to be a creator.
Why is a VP of Operations - Manufacturing & Fulfillment important to us?
The Vice President of Operations - Manufacturing & Fulfillment will be responsible for satisfying customers’ manufacturing (primarily but not limited to 3D printing) and fulfillment needs. This is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial and results-oriented operations executive to capitalize on Shapeways’ strong reputation in the industry and to build and scale a high performing global manufacturing and fulfillment team.
This role will drive Shapeways global manufacturing and fulfillment strategy and operations; aggressively, efficiently and continuously develop/evolve our services in this emerging industry; and, provide strong operations leadership. This position reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
As the VP of Operations - Manufacturing & Fulfilment you will:
- Create a world class, high performing manufacturing and fulfillment team.
- Provide Safety, Health, and Environmental Leadership
- Responsible for designing, implementing and managing a comprehensive QA program
- Champion a continuous improvement philosophy by initiating appropriate action to meet or exceed business goals
- Develop and sustain Quality, Delivery and Costs excellence as recognized by customers and supportive of the Company’s business objectives.
- Envision and evolve the Company’s manufacturing and fulfillment model from “one size fits all” marketplace to market leading, multi-channel (i.e. Managed Accounts/MSEs, big brands/OEMs, Storefronts) operation.
- Establish, and report on annual and quarterly basis, revenue (shipped), cost of goods sold (COGS) and gross margin objectives aligned with the Company’s business objectives.
- Working with the commercial, product and finance teams, develop a robust demand management and capacity planning capability.
- Working with VP Operations - Partners and Technologies, successfully on-board new technologies, partners and solutions.
- Create excellent collaboration between commercial, product, finance and operations teams.
- Be a respected leader across the company as the voice of the large customer, but also of the Shapeways team to build our business
You might be a good fit if you are/have:
- 10+ years successfully developing and leading world-class manufacturing and fulfillment organizations.
- Directly related experience in additive manufacturing, mass customization, end-use products, and fulfillment solutions.
- Equally comfortable and effective in the strategic, as well as, "sleeves-rolled-up" tactical and detailed domains.
- The capacity to formulate a compelling manufacturing and fulfillment strategy for the organization and translate that strategy into compelling messages that the team can understand and execute
- Proven track record leading manufacturing and fulfillment in a high growth, global environment.
- Strong track record of success leveraging LEAN, 6 sigma, TQM/TPM and other relevant operations tools.
- An approachable, collaborative, and inspirational doer with exceptional ethical standards
- Curiosity to embrace complex concepts and the obsession to simplify them
- The ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment and can have a few laughs in the process
- Education: Bachelor/Master of engineering or related
Do you want to be part of a culture that is inclusive, inspiring, and allows you the autonomy to be creative in your work? If so, we invite you to join us on our adventure!
Benefits and perks include:
- Comprehensive Health Package - We offer a great medical plan option that provides coverage to the employee for free
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor matching - Join the team and we will invest in your future
- Parental Leave - Generous Paid time off for new parents
- Ample Paid Time Off - PTO plus sick days. Whether it’s traveling the world, taking a mental health day, or going to the dentist... because Life.
- Great Snacks and Free Lunch - Fully stocked fridge, and fancy coffee. Also, daily catered lunch at our Long Island City and weekly catered lunch in our Manhattan office.
- Regular Happy Hours - Cheers to themed happy hours! Enjoy extra time for getting to know your teammates.
- Learning and Development - We provide access to an e-learning platform that will expand your skill set and a recognition program that helps Shapies earn money to invest in their development.
- Unlimited 3D Printing - Every employee receives $100 of Shapeways credit each quarter to make or buy.
- Working with some of the most talented, passionate, creative innovators in NYC. Best culture out there!