Workplace Experience Coordinator at AlphaSights
AlphaSights is a global leader in knowledge search. Our mission is to connect the world’s top professionals with the world’s best knowledge, helping them improve critical decisions, sharpen their thinking and drive the business forward. Investment firms, consultancies, corporations and nonprofits rely on AlphaSights to connect them efficiently and intelligently with experts across all industries and regions. Founded in 2008, we have offices around the globe and regularly rank as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
AlphaSights is looking for an organized, enthusiastic Workplace Experience Coordinator to help us run things efficiently in our fast-growing office in New York. A successful candidate will embrace a 'whatever-it-takes' mantra to roll up their sleeves and achieve team goals.
- Front of House and reception desk operations responsibilities during hours 8:00-6:00: provide optimum hospitality service and professionalism; greet and provide general support to all visitors.
- Maintain office efficiency, including: answering and coordinating incoming calls and emails; procuring, receiving, and tracking resources; processing and sending outbound mail; sorting and distributing incoming mail and packages.
- Maintain efficient inventory system of office supplies and kitchen consumables; track accurate par levels for ordering and replenishment while maintaining a cost-effective focus.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks, including running errands, providing carrier service, and assisting with the setup, breakdown, and clean-up of company parties and events, including furniture reconfiguration.
- Organize and coordinate all travel arrangements, both domestic and international with a cost-effective approach; reconcile Ops teams expense receipts.
- Conduct routine facility inspections, seeking deficiencies with furniture, equipment or appliances and remedying as appropriate.
- Oversee daily office tidiness and organisation to ensure an aesthetically pleasing and welcoming environment.
- Supporting in planning in-house or off-site activities, socials, and celebrations for employee engagement, marketing, and talent attraction; coordinate all details from inception to execution; office catering, food and drink deliveries.
- Support in space planning and facilities management components.
What we're looking for
- 1-3 years of administrative, office management, hospitality, or facilities coordinator experience.
- Bachelor's degree, with strong academic credentials and noteworthy extracurricular leadership
- Proactive, forward-thinker, multi-tasker, and problem-solver with superb attention to detail.
- Ability to think on your feet and not easily flustered or overwhelmed.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the capacity to build positive working relationships across function and seniority level
- The ability to manage ambiguity, a wide variety of stakeholders, conflicting priorities, and high-pressure environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Fluency in English is essential
Please note the start date for this role is September 2021.