Director of Customer Retention at The Farmer's Dog
WHO WE ARE
The Farmer’s Dog exists to simplify giving every dog their best life. First up? Completely reimagining what pet food is, how it’s made, and how it’s delivered. We recently raised our Series B and are backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier.
Our company was launched after our Co-founder, Brett’s, battle to cure the stomach issues of his Rottweiler, Jada. He quickly realized just how broken the commercial pet food industry was - even the “organic” and “natural” varieties proved to be heavily processed - and it was only when his vet recommended a fresh, home-cooked diet that Jada began to improve and was eventually cured. Through a combination of proprietary technology, and a lot of heart, our direct-to-consumer service was born.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.=
Only “dream job” applicants, please. #mustlovedogsTHE ROLE
We’re looking for an analytical and innovative Retention Marketing Manager to lead and develop our retention efforts. You’ll be joining the Growth Team, which works to grow The Farmer’s Dog’s active customer base.
In the role, you’ll partner with teams across the business (Acquisition, CX, Brand, Operations, Design, Engineering, etc.) to build, deploy, test, iterate, and scale best-in-class retention marketing efforts that transform trial subscribers into loyal evangelists that feed their pets The Farmer’s Dog for life.
This is an opportunity to build out a function and drive major impact. If you love spaghetti charts and have a deep, nuanced understanding of CRM, customer lifecycle and loyalty strategies (email, SMS, segmentation, cohort analyses, in box experience, account experience etc.), then this role could be a perfect fit.
- Design personalized, effective cross-channel strategies across email, SMS, in-box, digital site, etc. to address and alleviate any potential barriers and grow areas of opportunity.
- Utilize data to understand our customers’ lifecycles, identify retention opportunities, and deploy strategies to improve their experience.
- Develop tools and dashboards and work closely with data teams to benchmark, measure and forecast metrics like churn, LTV, reactivation, recurring revenue and adoption of new features/products.
- Identify, strategize and execute opportunities to improve all things customers retention from churn to LTV.
- Work with engineering and design to develop on-site features to encourage product loyalty and enhance the experience and convenience.
- Implement a communication strategy that reinforces subscription value, increases new product adoption, and improves customer satisfaction and brand certainty.
- Deploy programs and touchpoints encourage word of mouth and referrals.
- Project manage across design, engineering, marketing and partners to meet deadlines while ensuring quality.
- A proven track record in retention a direct-to-consumer or subscription business.
- A customer-centric mindset and experience collaborating with engineering, design and brand to achieve a cohesive customer journey that succeeds in increasing recurring revenue and decreasing churn.
- You are hands on with customer data, focused on uncovering actionable insights and deeply familiar with tools to support retention,CRM and digital product efforts.
- You are comfortable with cohort and LTV analyses Business Intelligence tools, project management software, Google Analytics, and CDPs/ESPs (Bonus points for experience with SendGrid and Simon Data)
- You have a working knowledge of SQL, Python, or R.
- Experience with experimentation, including longitudinal tests
- Prefer dogs to other species.
We are responsible for new customer growth and designing incredible customer experiences that drive best-in-class retention.
We have five principles that describe our marketing approach:
- Holistic thinking: We know that nothing exists in a silo.
- Disciplined prioritization: We need to bring perspective, clarity and guidance to the team.
- Data-driven decision-making: We use first principles and are skeptical. We establish context.
- Proactive collaboration: We build vast common knowledge and encourage synchronous, streamlined work from our colleagues and diversity in problem-solving.
- Execute for impact: We are responsible for the growth of the business and the perception of our brand. We are resilient, accountable and relentless.
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Dogs Everywhere!
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village
- Discount on TFD food for your pup!
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental and Vision
- Unlimited vacation & sick days
- Flexible work-from-home policy
- Team outings, coffee always brewed fresh, and a strong snack game