Senior Product Manager, Trust & Security at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Product
Our team is made up of skilled product managers with experience in banking, FinTech and cryptocurrency. Wed draw from top players in the financial and technology industries who are ready to stretch themselves and face the unique and exciting challenges of the digital asset world. We are an internal "think tank" that tackles complex, cross-functional projects, iterates on existing products and acts as the go-to team for Leadership's technical vision.
The Role: Senior Product Manager, Security and Trust & Safety
At Gemini, trust is our product. In this role, you’ll be at the forefront of designing an interface that not only keeps users safe, but empowers them with access to the cryptocurrency ecosystem. You’ll be responsible for balancing and communicating priorities across multiple business teams, and owning a roadmap that impacts internal users and customers alike. The ideal candidate enjoys applying creative solutions to complex problems and has experience mitigating the complex attacks, scams, and fraud associated with retail financial services.
- Partner with engineering and internal stakeholders to use data-driven approaches to define the long-term vision and product strategy for Gemini’s Trust & Safety and Security ecosystem of detective and preventive controls.
- Own the product life cycle; start with data analysis to understand opportunity areas, gather technical and business requirements from stakeholders and external vendors, execute scoped work in partnership with engineers, and define and monitor success metrics after launches.
- Derive insights from user and transactional data to develop machine learning model requirements in collaboration with Risk Analysts, Data Science, and Engineering.
- Launch automated controls that reduce fraud & abuse risks in buying and selling cryptocurrency, while mitigating any negative impacts to the user experience.
- Create and maintain comprehensive and high-quality product documentation for use in audits and regulatory exams.
- 4+ years combined product management
- Relevant experience in fraud, risk, trust & safety or security-related disciplines
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical solutions through excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of shipping software products in an agile development environment
- Experience in managing cross-functional roadmaps and stakeholder relationships
- Experience with UX best practices, usability testing, and gathering analytics to turn data into actionable insights
- Ability to read, edit, and write SQL queries without assistance from data analysts
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing timelines
- Team-oriented, with a demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project
- Experience in regulated industries, FinTech, cryptocurrency, or retail banking preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with:
- Fast-paced startup environment
- Cryptocurrencies and/or blockchain technology
- Financial technology, such as exchanges or trading platforms
- Fraud detection technology and vendor landscape
- Python, R or equivalent statistical software
- Looker or equivalent statistical software
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.