Associate, Global Logistics - Transportation Analyst/Planner
About the team
The Global Distribution & Logistics team, globally headquartered out of New York City, oversees the flow of our product from the point of supply to our end customers worldwide. We manage a global network that aims to provide best-in-class service to all stakeholders. We are part of the global end-to-end supply chain team, that seeks to improve its efficiency, cost, speed and flow of it’s supply functions. We like to work hard and play hard! We’re very excited to continue building a high performing team who enjoys working and challenging each other day in and day out!
About the role
The Logistics Associate will play a primary role in monitoring, tracking and troubleshooting our outbound shipping activity to our mass retail customers in North America. They will liaise regularly with our distribution centers and logistics partners to proactively manage and monitor our outbound shipping activity and look for recommended areas of improvement within order processing, fulfillment, and transportation.
They will help develop and manage the day to day relationships with our logistics or transportation partners (freight forwarders, carriers, customs brokers and distribution, etc). As a functional lead, you will assist with developing the necessary logistics strategy and infrastructure for future product and brand growth. You will partner with our planning, sourcing, R&D, accounting, finance, commercial and DTC teams to ensure best in class customer experience, while continuously improving and optimizing our logistics operations.You’ll also help monitor, manager, compile and report out logistics business metrics to internal and external audiences.
What you’ll work on
- Collaborate with our commercial retail team, supply chain functions and R&D to drive service and cost optimization
- Build and manage best in class outbound logistics services for our internal stakeholders and external customers
- Manage and monitor ongoing performance of outbound logistics metrics (i.e. on-time delivery, on-time in full, damage rates, and compliance metrics) with a strong focus on our mass retail business channel
- Run, establish, analyze and monitor operational KPIs internally and with our logistics partners
- Provide regular macro and micro level communication back to the team and business on outbound shipping performance
- Serve as the main point of contact to troubleshoot logistics related issues
- Create SOPs, work instructions and processes to support outbound shipping activity
- Continue to develop our logistics partner relationships to build a best in class logistics framework
- Be a core member of a team to help develop our long-term logistics strategy and capabilities
This should describe you
- Education Background- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or business
- Years of experience- 1 to 2 years of related experience
- Love and passion for operations- We get it, operations may not be the sexiest thing for some people but for some reason, you love the world of operations and being able to provide best-in-class service to our internal stakeholders, and more importantly, our retail customers makes you excited. And the best part, be part of a team who has the same passion as well!
- Loves be organized-You’ll be handling a sizable amount of outbound logistics activity on a daily and weekly basis so if you’re that friend who is the most organized person where it may be something you have thought about WebMD-ing, you’re the right fit!
- Sense of urgency-Bias for taking action. A high level of motivation, disciplined mindset, and self-starting capability required to achieve aggressive expectations in a fast paced environment
- Leave no stone unturned- Ensuring alignment and proactively drive to a root cause analysis
- Strong attention to detail- You are comfortable going deep into the weeds while always considering the bigger picture
- Numerically and analytically minded - strong in building out maintainable scorecards, models or telling a story in Excel, Microsoft Suite, G-Suite and Business Analytics Tools
- Experienced and comfortable with supply chain systems- You would be able to think through what types of activity in this role can best supported by a system (WMS, TMS, ERP, BI Tools, etc) or a process.
- Customer focused - Always looking to see a challenge through the eyes of our customers because we love to make our customers happy
- Process oriented-Whether you’re creating a process or following a process, you believe process is not a substitute for (but rather a conduit for great communication). Process flows is a tool in your tool chest, whether you’ve made it in excel, Microsoft Visio or on a dry-erase board!
- Effective communicator- You’ll help support troubleshooting operational challenges on a regular basis so being able to effectively communicate the situation in a timely fashion and path to resolution is key.
- Active learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you through observations and trend analysis
- Sense of humor- Our team embraces our quirkiness and imperfections which gives our team a great character. We enjoy being around each other and encourage taking an occasional mental break when needed!
Here’s who you’ll work with
- Reporting to Global Logistics Manager and be part of an amazing New York City based Distribution and Logistics Team
- Collaborate with our commercial retail team, supply chain functions, finance/accounting and R&D, and our third party logistics partners
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.