Associate Project Manager- Data and Analytics at LeafLink
New York, New York, United StatesAbout LeafLink
LeafLink is a SaaS marketplace that provides licensed cannabis dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage their operations and scale.
With thousands of dispensaries and thousands of leading brands in 26 states and territories, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis brands and retailers work together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1.5 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2021’, as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020’, joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!The RoleLeafLink is looking for a Project Manager - D&A to join our growing team in New York City reporting directly to our head of Data & Analytics department. As the project manager for the team, you will manage the project pipeline, prioritization, planning, communication with stakeholders, and all documentation.The role will be responsible for using a clear rubric of cost-benefit analysis when evaluating prioritization, drafting powerful concept notes and project plans, communicating rationale and bringing about alignment of understanding between stakeholders, increasing data awareness and literacy at the organization, identifying potential opportunities for solutions via LeafLink’s data infrastructure.
You are a person who can juggle multiple initiatives, a strategic thinker and diligent planner, enjoys bringing clarity by collecting and presenting the right inputs to stakeholders, a structured and creative communicator, enjoys writing documentation and organizing information.Responsibilities
- Defines, prioritizes, and develops project roadmaps for data led cross-functional initiatives.
- Develop creative and structured communications plan to drive organization awareness of data assets and applications to business decision making
- Develop a plan for measuring and improving data literacy and application of data to business operations
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders on developing and implementing a data governance plan
- Drive and maintain a rhythm to project execution by setting well defined milestones, timelines, identifying and addressing roadblocks and assigning team members to various deliverables and conducting retrospective analysis
- Leads the communication of project/ initiative progress, needs and risks to the appropriate audiences
- Owns and manages Data team’s JIRA board; curate work pipeline and backlogs
- Conduct discovery and research, write robust scoping documents, supply detailed context with tasks, distribute and gather feedback on scoping
- Develop templates for various types of documentation associated with operations of data team including technical architecture, internal and external user facing documentation, how-to guides, dictionaries and any other collateral
- Takes lead role in setting agendas and preparing materials for cross-functional initiatives and team meetings
- 2+ years of project / program management experience
- Expertise with Project and Sprint Management tools like JIRA, Asana, Airfocus
- Expertise writing effective and inspiring presentations and delivering them to a leadership audience
- Experience writing project documentation, capturing technical specifications, scope notes and maintaining wiki pages on Confluence / other content collaboration tools
- Experience with applying frameworks for conducting cost-benefit analysis, determining between competing priorities and presenting rationale to stakeholders
- Experience working as part of Data & Technology teams managing sprint planning, grooming and kanban boards
- Experience using Tableau and SQL Skills is a strong plus
- Ability to apply project management best practices across a number of initiatives at a time
- Ability to collaborate effectively in highly cross-functional fast moving matrix organization structure
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Company sponsored Annual Citibike Membership for NYC employees
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.