We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying and executing strategic growth opportunities to support the growth of the P&L - either for existing business or new business lines. You will get end to end exposure to the company, working across departments and learning about the entire customer journey from start to finish. If you want to be part of a journey that impacts tens of millions of people and helps them lead better lives, join us!WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Identify and lead projects that will help improve overall customer experience, across different points in our users’ learning journey
- Help expand the reach of the company to serve new user types across new use cases, market segments and geographies
- Work with the Strategy, Partnerships, Product, Curriculum, Marketing and Finance teams to execute on your projects, owning implementation and results
- Leverage user data, learner insights and market research to ensure optimal execution and strong user and business impact.
- Work on ad-hoc special projects, internal operations and processes as we scale from a 150 person company to 500 over the next 2 years
- Passion for learning, being exposed to new/unchartered territory and gaining exposure to a breadth of topics (versus developing depth in a specific area)
- An owner’s mindset that helps you find solutions to complex and daunting problems
- The ability to be comfortable with ambiguity
- 2+ years of experience in Investment Banking, Consulting or related fields
- 2+ years of experience in operating roles at tech companies working in operations, growth, new business launches or similar capacities
- Exceptional quantitative skills and analytical aptitude, with an eye for detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills with excitement to work on cross-functional teams and projects
- A background in engineering, computer science or data science
- Growth to late stage technology or entrepreneurial experience
- Experience in the B2B SaaS space
- Experience working in the Education, Education Technology or Skill Development space
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.#LI-Remote