At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system - one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows any asset to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world - to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Societe Generale, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology.
We are looking for a BSA / AML Officer to join our rapidly growing team. You will be in charge of developing and scaling oversight of the core pillar of our Compliance program in support of Paxos’ rapidly growing business. This role is responsible for managing and scaling our Compliance systems (model tuning and validation, testing), identifying enhancement to our internal processes, leading Compliance’s execution of our internal audits and external exams, and providing general oversight of our program policies and procedures. This role will also be responsible for partnering with internal Compliance leads (CCO, Director of Compliance), Legal, Internal Audit, and other technology teams to drive compliance initiatives with regards to our regulatory obligations.
What you will do:
- Partner with Paxos’ Legal and Internal Audit teams to execute on (BSA / AML, OFAC) Compliance Audits, this includes working with Paxos’ external regulators and auditors
- Manage the strategy and response in responding to any identified Compliance program remediations and enhancements as identified by our regular audits and examinations
- Lead the execution of Paxos’ Compliance AML and Sanctions Risk Assessments
- Build and scale ongoing monitoring and testing processes of our internal Compliance processes to ensure that we’re maintaining best-in-class program
- Conduct and implement ongoing enhancements to our AML risk assessment program
- Manage and develop ongoing reporting of our Compliance program to senior management and Board of Directors
What you need to have:
- 4-6 years of prior experience in leading operation teams within Compliance, FinTech, Financial Services, or Audit
- Deep understanding of BSA / AML, Sanctions, CDD / EDD, AML Transaction Monitoring and Reporting
- Understanding of process automation. You can identify areas of inefficiency and ideally suggest existing software or internal product enhancements that can make processes faster and more reliable.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent partnership and stakeholder management skills
- You will have a track record of influencing internal and external stakeholders through competing priorities, dependencies and tradeoffs
- You have strong attention to detail and passion for solving problems
- You have the ability to thrive in ambiguity with organization and asking the right questions
Paxos is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, color, race, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical and mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.
Who we are: We are a diverse group of individuals with backgrounds and experience in banking, startups, tech giants, and big-five consulting firms. We currently have about 150 employees across offices in New York, London and Singapore and have big plans for our growth. We’re looking for collaborative, creative, hard-working and intellectually curious people to help us make our vision a reality.
Why we matter: Paxos is the only technology company building financial services solutions that both customers and regulators can trust. We’re committed to pushing the boundaries of technology while also working with important stakeholder groups so we can build a financial system that is open and accessible to anyone around the world.
Who are our customers: Our customers run the gamut from individuals seeking access to digital assets and those who don’t want to be tied to a physical banking system, to large institutions seeking to improve their settlement infrastructure. Some of our clients today include big names like PayPal, Credit Suisse, Societe Generale, Macquaire, INTL FCStone and Virtu.
How we work: Paxos is driven by our four values. We believe that every Paxos employee is an owner, and employees consistently search for the truth in their work. We also believe in real-time candor and a shared commitment to excellence. These values are ingrained in everything we do and influence how we communicate and collaborate as an organization.
Why we are a great place to work: Paxos has been consistently named a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn. We offer all of the usual startup stuff like healthy snacks, coffee, and ping pong but we also offer generous healthcare coverage, PTO, and family leave. (We want employees to care for themselves both in and out of office.) In addition to the benefits and perks, Paxos offers employees the chance to have a real and measurable impact on a growing business: what you do today directly influences the Company goals. As a result, we enable every employee to substantially grow their careers.
Learn more about us:
The Paxos Blog
Paxos Raises $142MM Series C
The Future of Paypal and Paxos Partnership
Unchained Podcast: Paxos’s Partnership With PayPal
Paxos in 2020: A Year in Review
Most Influential in 2020 CEO Feature
Paxos Founder on CNBC’s Mad Money