LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of retailers and thousands of brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Thrive Capital and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!
At LeafLink, we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day, and gaining & retaining this trust is critically important to LeafLink’s success. LeafLink is seeking an experienced Compliance Program Manager to join our fast-growing team, reporting directly to the Head of Enterprise Risk & Compliance. In this role, you will be involved in the development, implementation, and ongoing management of LeafLink Inc.’s comprehensive Compliance Management System (CMS).
The Enterprise Risk and Compliance team is responsible for maintaining a strong culture of compliance throughout the LeafLink organization. The team is responsible for a variety of Risk and Compliance Programs, including but not limited to: Annual Compliance Training, Regulatory and Product Change Management, Issue Management, Risk Assessment and Testing & Monitoring.
The Compliance Program Manager will help develop and implement compliance programs at LeafLink to ensure we are following the policies and regulations that impact our innovative projects. You will be focused on enhancing and managing our risk and compliance programs through staying abreast of current regulations, proactively identifying pain points and gaps in existing policy frameworks and collaborating across the organization to create, plan, and execute innovative solutions. You will drive cross-functional initiatives to manage risk and enhance our compliance policies and systems to support a rapidly growing business. You’ll develop efficient compliance processes and work with our Marketplace Operations, Product, and Engineering teams to implement these across the organization.Responsibilities
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the end-to-end Compliance Program, including the framework, all policies and procedures, risk assessments, issue management, and training
- Develop a training curriculum, oversee and train LeafLink team on compliance policies, procedures and protocols. Ensure training is relevant and updated regularly to reflect the current business practices and regulatory guidelines
- Create and maintain compliance program policies and associated documentation requisite to administer program to meet and exceed all relevant compliance obligations
- Stay current and understand compliance trends and obligations within the FinTech and Cannabis spaces to identify existing and future compliance requirements
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to develop effective processes, policies, controls, and metrics that ensure effective compliance
- Influence and assist business/process owners to close gaps in their controls and adopt processes that will help grow the business in a compliant manner
- Based on data and insights, develop and drive tactics to improve the Compliance Program and explore new strategic opportunities to inform the future roadmap
- Ensure proper governance of the Compliance Program through regular reporting to the governance bodies, including the Compliance Committee and the Board
- 8-10 years of experience implementing and managing compliance programs for Marketplace or Fintech company
- Strong project management/change management experience
- Experience in designing and scaling compliance programs, creating business requirements, developing governance structures, optimizing operational processes
- Experience in working efficiently and independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, with understanding of when to escalate urgent issues
- Experience in identifying and defining problems, building project plans to address them, and managing the implementation of their solutions
- Knowledge of risk and compliance management within a highly regulated industry
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success