Creative Project Manager - Cat Person at Harry's Inc.
What is Cat Person?
Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love and innovation to a long overlooked and underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food and goods made just for cats and the people who love them.Launched in March 2020, and born out of Harry’s Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's Inc., Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture and toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cat’s and the cat person’s needs in everything we make and do. It’s all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though small, our vision is grand. We aren’t just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; we’re redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.
About the Role
The Creative Project Manager is the glue that holds the team together. You hunt down inefficiencies for sport and get a high for creating and implementing processes that work and make work better for more people.
You are first and foremost a team player, resourceful and extremely well organized.You’re a pro with time management, schedule management and budget management. You don’t hesitate to flex into a producer role when it comes time to plan a photo shoot or produce swag. You have a good understanding of the brand voice, look & feel and speak up whenever something feels off brand.
You enjoy managing schedules and deliverables to ensure all projects have necessary resources to meet Cat Person’s high creative standards. You are passionate about the creative process and desire to work within a team to deliver an amazing product.
You will support the Creative Director, Design team and broader Marketing team in all day-to-day requests by organising the work flow from briefs, to how projects are assigned, to how deadlines are set, to following up with other departments and finding/managing the right external resources (vendors or freelancers).
What you will accomplish:
- You will be the steward and source-of-truth for all creative-related projects. You will traffic all initiatives from start to finish while keeping abreast of upcoming milestones.
- You will manage the team’s stack by working hand-in-hand with team members and cross-functional leads to scope project tasks, deliverables, and deadlines.
- You will define and implement all processes, systems, and tools that our team requires to work cross-functionally, including a project management platform (like Trello) and Google Drive.
- You can comfortably represent the creative team in all cross-functional meetings. You will communicate on behalf of the team as needed and capture notes and output for them.
- You will positively represent the team with your go-getter attitude, respect for every team member, understanding of the business, organized mind, knack for executing, and passion for great ideas and design.
- You will help create and manage budgets for various creative campaigns.
This should describe you
- You champion great work and second guess the bad. You have experience shepherding work in a high-pace environment in all stages: from conception to execution.
- You have experience working with start up brands and/or creative agencies focused on multidisciplinary work.
- You flex your interpersonal skills and enjoy building relationships across functions.
- You have a track record of improving cross functional processes that resulted in a more efficient and joyful way to work.
- You have established useful processes where ones did not previously exist.
- You absolutely dominate project management platforms and can easily train other team members to do the same.
- Budgets don’t intimidate you; you intimidate budgets. You have experience managing and sticking to budgets with meticulous notes and detailed line items.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity. You don’t always wait to be told what to; you proactively look for ways to add value that the broader team can feel.
- You’re eager to go all in and make your mark on a company in its early days.
- Last but not least, you have a thing for felines.
Here's who you’ll will work with:
- Reporting to the Creative Director (Head of Creative)
- Creative Team
- Cat Person Marketing team
- Product Development team
- External Agencies, Contractors & Freelancers
About Cat Person:
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats and cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats and products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, and thoughtfully designed for their people. By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, and marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market and flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded by a small team of passionate cat people and launched in March 2020. Today, it is part of the Harry's Inc. family of brands.
Cat Person and Harry’s Inc. are committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Cat Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Cat Person’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.