Director of Technical Program Management at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
Do you love turning a really good product and engineering to be really great? Are you driven by getting things organized to make sense out of complicated multiple threads of work? Do you think about how to visualize them into something simple for non-technology people to understand? Do you embrace Agile as a principle?
Justworks is growing fast and we would love to have an experienced Technical Program Management leader like you to join us and create a robust yet simple way of delivering the results to our internal and external customers.
You will have an opportunity to define and organize how we deliver products our customers love, how we create scalable infrastructure and how teams work together to make that happen with Agile in mind.
This position will report to the VP of Engineering and partner closely with senior Product & Engineering leaders and teams to help the team gain predictability, productivity, and maturity in how we deliver software to our customers. This role will be responsible for building and managing Agile-oriented technical project management practices across the organization.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- You will establish and lead a Technical Program Management team within the engineering organization, reporting to the VP of Engineering.
- You will collaborate with various functions in multiple business units across our fast-growing technology organization and help us deliver amazing customer experiences on a specific cadence.
- You will demonstrate Agile behaviors, embracing Agile principles in relentless pursuit of continuous improvement both individually and organizationally.
- You will be organizing product and platform features, tech debt, and bugs and help teams establish the rhythm in delivering great software.
- You will continuously assess our Agile maturity level and elevate our Agile adoption to the next level, with the ultimate goal of delivering great software to our customers quickly, often and safely.
- You will promote, coach, train, and educate scrum masters, participants and stakeholders on the principles, practices, and value of Agile.
- You will establish and facilitate Product Engineering wide planning and collaboration activities (i.e scrum of scrums) through a set of standardized tools and workflows.
- You will be constantly identifying and communicating the progress, conflicts, blockers, risks, and cross-team dependencies to stakeholders.
- You will make decisions independently to reprioritize and manage workload, enhance Agile practices and create Agile delivery presentations.
- You will foster trust and collaboration across the teams; make it safe to challenge, experiment, and fail without fear.
- You will foster continuous collaboration and improvements across all functions supporting Agile team execution.
- You will foster the continuous celebration of successes and learnings from the past.
As a Director of Technical Program Management, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Good judgement - the exercise of critical thinking, analyzing and assessing problems and implications, identifying patterns, making connections of underlying issues, understanding risks and developing mitigation strategies, and taking ownership of the outcome.
- Resourcefulness - taking a can-do approach, even in the face of obstacles and constraints by assessing what’s in front of you and effectively and efficiently optimizing what you have, whether it's working on something new or thinking about how to do something better.
- Teamwork and communication - putting our collective best together through documentation, collaboration, relationship-building, listening, empathy, recruiting, and evangelism.
- Influence and leadership - fostering a community of knowledge-sharing, collaboration, mentorship, and forward-thinking.
- Skills and knowledge - the capacity to actively learn and apply specific domain knowledge, know-how, and best practices to continually enhance and improve.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”Qualifications
- Minimum of 8 or years of experience in an Agile software development environment.
- You have experience building and managing a team of technical project managers, agile program managers and scrum masters.
- Knowledgeable in SAFe, Agile, Scrum and ideally other disciplines (i.e. Lean, Kanban, XP practices).
- CSM, CPSO, CSD, SAFe certification would be plus. CPSO would be regarded and valued highly.
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment