Finance & Operations Program Manager
Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about maximizing the performance of cross-functional teams through high-impact tools and processes.
We are looking for a highly qualified Program Manager who will lead the execution of tooling and process initiatives that help the Finance & Operations organization scale. This role plays a key part in building a world class Finance & Operations organization that supports company initiatives and goals as well as provides insights through reporting that is accurate, reliable and timely. The role is a good fit for someone with a background in consulting, or someone who is process-oriented, loves driving change within an organization, and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will partner with many functions in the company so clear, consistent and concise communication are going to be table stakes for success. You will also be a proactive collaborator at all times while driving consensus where needed and influencing decisions when teams are stuck. You will also have a strong understanding of financial systems in order to engage with the Finance organization. In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative and comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and growing technology company.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Own the execution and success of key Finance & Operations systems and process initiatives
- Lead project and change management efforts when rolling out cross-functional processes or tools
- Establish, define, and track against Finance-specific program goals and KPIs ensuring alignment and coordination
- Drive internal process improvements across the Finance & Operations organization including defining and implementing better processes to provide financial insights in a way that is accurate, reliable, and timely
- Identify and develop solutions to impediments or bottlenecks that pose a risk to the program success and communicate any trade-offs that may result from these solutions
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement throughout the Finance & Operations organization
- Evangelize process and project management best practices across the Finance & Operations organization
What We’ll Expect From You:
- A track record of successfully executing on cross-functional initiatives including assembly of project plans, securing commitments on deliverables, and leading the resolution of blocking issues
- Ability to influence and work through others where direct reporting relationships do not exist
- Experience rolling out new processes through automation, including internal controls
- Demonstrated ability to drive systems implementation projects
- Proven ability to drive results in a high-growth, rapid change environment with flexibility and willingness to adapt and change
- Ability to clearly communicate progress, change, and status updates verbally, in writing, or in a presentation
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to organize, prioritize and act upon multiple work streams simultaneously
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of business process / accounting workflows
- Bonus capability: ERP implementation experience
Why You’ll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!