Global Sourcing Manager, Senior Associate at Harry's
About the Team
The Global Sourcing team at Harry’s is responsible for the end-to-end supply chain, including product development, supplier relationships and ongoing replenishment. As part of the greater Supply Chain Operations team, Global Sourcing supports a key strategic goal of the company – to scope, develop, source, scale, and supply high-quality products to customers and retailers all over the world. Compared to sourcing teams at traditional CPGs, Global Sourcing at Harry’s plays an integral role in the company’s roadmap and beyond. We take great pride in the fact that we’re partners helping to grow both the top and bottom line - we think like business owners.
About the Role
We are seeking a Global Sourcing Manager, Senior Associate, to own a product category at Harry’s. The determined category will be brand specific and filled with opportunities to help scale the business exponentially. The Senior Associate will continue to ensure that we deliver high-value quality products in a timely fashion and at a competitive margin. This person will be based in our New York office, but will also collaborate with our UK team, EU team and partner with our suppliers globally to drive company objectives, and most importantly, to continue serving our customers better than our competitors.
What you will accomplish:
- Become a key team member on the Soft Products cross-functional “makers” team; embrace the culture, working style, collaborative spirit and accountability.
- Proactively work with our R&D team (Product Development, Packaging Engineers, Project Managers, Design and Product Research) and suppliers to best source for product development needs while maintaining a strong stewardship on cost, quality, scalability, execution, and the ability to achieve key deadlines.
- Partner with Supply Planning to ensure replenishment is sufficient to our inventory targets; act as a liaison between S&OP and our suppliers, including escalating issues internally and externally to satisfy business needs.
- Partner with our Brand team(s) to help ideate, support and problem solve marketing objectives, including product development, go to market strategies, promotional events, global expansion and other brand building objectives.
- While always keeping Harry's vision in perspective, leverage your supplier relationships to secure long-term contracts, competitive pricing, capacity, lead times, capex and innovation to deliver value to our brands and customers.
- With an “improve always” mindset, devise strategies to continually optimize value within your Sourcing category.
This should describe you:
- You have 2-5 years of experience in a Supply Chain related field, preferably in some aspect of Sourcing / Procurement / Purchasing and with a CPG company with relevant personal care brands.
- You have either worked for a high growth company or driven by an entrepreneurial startup mentality and value evolving processes and systems.
- Ability to coexist in a fast moving, increasingly complex, and growing company during a very exciting time for our brands! You’re excited and ready to help us grow.
- You are the master of your own vertical - you will have total ownership over your lane.
- All in all together. Committed to teamwork, committed to actively contributing, and supporting others to lead and drive work stream synergies.
- Look left to find right. Strong problem solver. You can develop a creative and/or pragmatic plan that leads to a solution when given a problem with little or conflicting information. Thinks outside or in the box to solve issues.
- Produce results. You can start projects and, most importantly, successfully drive them to completion while establishing preventive measures to eliminate repeats.
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication; both ways.
- Strong communicator. Ability to communicate well with various cross-functional teams and individual contributors, as well as your suppliers. Ability to cater to your audience, whether with peers, Harry’s leadership, supplier senior leaders, plant workers, etc.
- Ability to take a 360 approach. You do not get lost in the weeds and always work towards the bigger picture. The end goal is never forgotten.
- You want the skus you manage to thrive! You are enthusiastic and committed at every stage of a product life-cycle from cradle to grave.
- You don’t mind traveling domestically and internationally directly to the source of your suppliers to ensure that we are in the most capable hands and are always achieving our supply objectives.
- You are a fast learner; always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you. Humble in your intellect.
- You can hold your own with senior leaders, seeking their buy in, negotiating with, presenting to, etc. Able to develop relationships with leadership… they’re human too.
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge! “Sign me up” mentality.
- You have a good sense of humor; we take our work seriously and ourselves not so seriously!
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Global Supply Manager, Soft Products
- You’ll work on the Global Sourcing team, which is part of the greater Supply Chain team (Operations)
- You’ll work cross-functionally with Global Sourcing, R&D, Quality, S&OP, Marketing, Retail, Distribution & Logistics, Legal, Finance, DTC, Design, UK/EU team, CX, Harry’s Leadership, etc.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.