This is a new management role in the Implementation team of Field Engineering, which manages all new customer POC’s, implementations, and collaborations with System Integration Partners. We’re seeking an experienced manager, to join and help grow and lead our implementation team. This is where the rubber meets the road, where the product has to meet customer needs and create value.
You are a seasoned enterprise SaaS implementation manager, with a background in data engineering/ analytics, and experience in dealing with customers and associated expectations. You love data and want to see technology and data used successfully. You have attention to detail and are very proactive in identifying potential roadblocks to success. You have great people skills, know how to nurture and grow a successful team, and how to manage the trust and expectations of customers.
Above all, you want to make things work! You handle pressure well and you love driving a team that wins. You know how to lead your team and help them achieve their goals, but also are prepared to roll up your sleeves, and work with them in the trenches, to bypass obstacles and make things work.
Role & Responsibilities
The Implementation Manager is a key role in the Field Engineering team. They will report to the Director of Field Engineering, and be responsible for all new customer POC’s and implementations, as well as all technical work during the post implementation migrations and scaling phases. They manage the projects until they are in a steady state and can be handed over to the delivery team, which manages the ongoing customer work. They also are responsible for establishing a framework/ process to onboard and enable system integration partners.
The Implementation Manager will be initially managing a team of 4-6 Customer Enablement (customer facing), and Product Specialist Data Engineers, who are responsible for all the relevant technical work. The team will scale as the business grows.
They collaborate closely with:
- Delivery Managers (ongoing customer work) to ensure smooth customer handover between teams
- Engagement Managers (project & success management) to ensure the projects are appropriately staffed, and are completed on-time, and per customer requirements
- Client Partners (account management) to get feedback from customer senior stakeholders and sponsors, ensuring that they are realizing expected value
- Product & Engineering teams to escalate and manage any customer requests that require product engineering intervention
The Implementation Manager:
- is responsible for all new customer POC, implementation, migration and scaling projects
- properly resources the various projects as the demand evolves across customers, ensures that projects are delivered on time, and customer expectations are managed
- leads Implementation Data Engineers to improve the team's technical skills, to focus efforts effectively, and develop independent, driven team members
- constantly improves the team processes and artifacts/ documentation for project delivery, hiring, training, and enabling implementation engineers in their tasks - increasing the team’s operational efficiency
- serves as a point of technical escalation for implementation engineers and for customers
- will set up the roadmap, framework, tools and training for onboarding partners to work along with or on behalf of AIQ Data Engineers, for implementation & support purposes
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Information Management or similar
- 5-10 years of experience in data focused client services roles serving businesses in the global 500
- 3+ years of experience in lead teams of 5+ individuals including hiring, training, resourcing, prioritizing
- Solid experience with multiple large data projects involving ETL, data modeling, data aggregation, data validation.
- Expert knowledge of SQL, experience working with distributed data systems and related technologies
- Project Management Skills: Ability to keep track of and manage a portfolio of projects, ensuring they are appropriately staffed and delivered per customer expectations
- Strategic thinker, able to look ahead and anticipate the needs of the customers and the team, and adjust as necessary
- Strong communication and problem solving skills:
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with customer/ vendor/ AIQ technical leadership teams, and solve problems/ remove roadblocks as needed
- Ability to motivate the team and unite them towards achieving common goals
- Other skills
- Improvement mindset, through processes, tools and/ or documentation
- Works well as a leader and as a team member
- Strong professionalism & work ethic
- Adaptable, self starter and fast learner
- Dealing well with pressure
Nice to have:
- Knowledge with Python, Github, AWS/ GCP infrastructure
- Martech/ Adtech industry & vendor knowledge
- Experience integrating with various martech/ adtech vendors (ESP’s, Cloud services, FB, AdWords, etc)
- Experience working with and enabling system integration partners
- Competitive compensation package, including equity component
- Work in a transparent environment, growing a team, and help build a company from its early stages
- Getting experience in the Customer Data Platform (CDP) space, a rapidly growing SaaS category
- Work in one of the few startups backed by three of the top US VC firms - Sequoia Capital, Andreessen Horowitz & March Capital Partners
- Work with a top notch management team, building a leading edge data solution
- Work with leading edge marketing organizations and acquire a deep understanding of how modern consumer marketing functions
- Top health insurance benefits
- 401K plan
- 4-5 weeks of vacation
- Phone expenses covered
- Fully stocked fridge & pantry, and cold brew on tap!
- Top notch noise cancelling headphones - welcome gift
- Thursday restaurant lunches & Friday catering in the office
- Commuter & other benefits
- Many group activities & team outings
- Great office and location in lower Manhattan (Flatiron district)