New Market Implementation Lead
We’re seeking a collaborative, operationally-minded Implementation Lead to stand up and launch new markets in partnership with Cityblock’s commercial partners in the NYC area and beyond. In this role, you’ll be the steward of Cityblock’s implementation methodology as we build capabilities to achieve scale as we grow to new geographies. The ideal candidate will have the experience and credibility to lead implementation teams across multiple markets using strategic frameworks and launch playbooks that guide Cityblock to scale up in a cost-effective and efficient manner. This is a unique opportunity to launch deeply impactful clinical partnerships, aligning external partners with internal teams to lead change in the healthcare industry and to provide better healthcare outcomes for those who need it most.
If you like solving hard problems, have deep implementation experience in health care settings, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
- Lead teams to stand up and launch Cityblock Neighborhood Hubs (clinics) in new markets, a responsibility that will span multiple markets and strategic partners.
- Serve as the direct interface with leaders within strategic partners (e.g., health plans, health systems, and community based organizations) who are responsible for implementing capabilities to support a collaboration with Cityblock, while maintaining excellent client satisfaction.
- Identify, manage, and resolve risks and issues related to new market implementation
- Develop and evolve Cityblock’s Implementation Playbook, driving to improve the quality, efficiency and effectiveness for the planning of subsequent implementations across key work streams, resource needs, staffing and delivery timelines.
- Develop implementation plans with creativity and insights generated from deeply understanding the strategic partner, the market, and implications for the Cityblock model.
- Develop a deep understanding of local Medicaid and federal Medicare Advantage program components with respect to how value-based providers drive performance for Medicaid and Medicare Advantage health plans.
- Lead the prioritization of resources to optimize implementations across strategic partners and markets
- Drive executive decisions on Cityblock’s resource commitments, team staffing, implementation budget and measures of actual versus budgeted for each implementation..
- Partner with finance and corporate development to develop methodologies for accounting for the total work associated with each implementation to better estimate cost and resource needs for future implementation.
- Build regional operating teams, ensuring seamless knowledge transfer, collaboration, and communication among different stakeholders.
- Engage and lead implementation teams in developing and meeting performance goals in support of Cityblock’s overall annual and long term business plans.
- Motivate the teams to deliver exceptional work via the development of a team-based collaborative environment, embodying Cityblock’s culture and values.
- Partner with the Health Delivery (Clinical), Product, Operations, and People teams to identify and drive improvements in the overall operating model.
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- 6+ years of healthcare consulting or similar management experience, with significant implementation and/or large program manager level responsibilities (e.g., ideally at a Principal or Senior Manager level).
- General operations experience within health plans, particularly health plans with Medicaid / Duals business lines and advanced value-based care contracting relationships.
- General operations experience within health systems or clinics, particularly in operating outpatient clinics or serving in a population health management role.
- Experience building, developing, and managing several different teams at the same time.
- Experience developing, managing, and optimizing a budget and financial operations related to large implementations or health plan processes.
- A reputation for delivering excellent client service and managing senior level stakeholders’ expectations.
- Demonstrated an ability to engage, inspire, and build credibility and trust with your teams and with executive clients.
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required
Nice to have:
- 10+ years of healthcare consulting or similar management experience, with significant implementation and/or large program manager level responsibilities (e.g., ideally at a Principal or Senior Manager level)
- Master's degree in related field (i.e., MBA, MHA, MPH)
- Similar implementation leadership experience within an innovative care delivery organization and/or high growth medical group or health system
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter