Onboarding Associate at Justworks
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data-driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals and shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product and in our team.
If this sounds like you, you’ll fit right in.
You are passionate about a career path in customer success and helping small businesses! You are empathetic, compassionate, responsive and resourceful. As someone who excels in an environment of rapid change and growth, you know how to organize and prioritize your workload. You are a lifelong learner and you genuinely enjoy learning on how and why things work. You enjoy coming up with creative solutions to any problems you face.
We are looking for an Onboarding Associate to join our growing Customer Success department. Onboarding is a pivotal moment in our customers’ journey because it is the first time they experience the product and service for themselves. You will play a crucial role as the go-to expert for our small business customers between Sales, Operations, and Customer Support to ensure customers derive long-lasting value from our product and services.
As an Onboarding Associate you will be a Justworks product expert with specialized knowledge of our customer onboarding and implementation processes. You’ll assist new small business customers with their account setup and initial training, and your main priority is to guide customers through their transition to Justworks to ensure their long-term success with Justworks. You will work alongside a team of other Onboarding Associates to ensure important transition milestones are met, and customers become expert users of our product.Your Success ProfileWhat You Will Work On
- Help manage the overall customer onboarding process, and work closely with the Sales and Customer Support teams to ensure seamless onboarding for new Justworks customers
- Work closely with small business owners and customer stakeholders to understand their needs and get them setup for success with Justworks services
- Work cross-functionally with our Operations team to set up and guide our customers through benefits enrollment
- Provide high-quality support to customers through phone, email, and chat as needed
- Manage a queue of open issues and tasks to deliver timely and effective solutions - escalating when necessary
- Work through creative solutions to effectively answer customer questions, provide guidance, troubleshoot and resolve issues, and route feedback
- Make certain that the customer has a clear and comfortable understanding of the Justworks platform and service through training webinars and proactive outreach
- Help develop and implement industry leading onboarding processes that delight new customers
- Embody the Justworks brand and advocate for your customers’ best interests with key stakeholders on other teams
- Performs other related duties as assigned
As an Onboarding Associate, how results are achieved is paramount for your success and ultimately result in our success as an organization. In this role, your foundational knowledge, skills, abilities and personal attributes are anchored in the following competencies:
- Consultative - takes an approach that focuses on building relationships with others, understanding their problems, and developing solutions to their challenges through open-ended questions and active listening.
- Taking responsibility - being accountable, being committed, and accepting ownership for one's decisions, actions, and behavior.
- Adaptability - the ability to adjust your approach or actions in response to changes in your external environment.
- Solution-oriented - identifies the source of a question or challenge and provides the right, or a better, way of doing things.
- Curious - the innate desire to learn, grow and understand.
In addition, all Justworkers focus on aligning their behaviors to our core values known as COGIS. It stands for:
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You’re an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others.
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You’re curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others.
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You’re committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude.
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You’re honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example.
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Minimum of 1 year of professional experience
- Customer support skills and comfort handling challenging situations over the phone - ability to be empathetic, compassionate, responsive and resourceful
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with acute attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and be resourceful and adaptable
- Aptitude for learning new products and helping to break down complicated topics and explain them in simple terms people can understand
- Ability to come up with creative solutions to any problem you face, and know how to organize and prioritize your workload
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and is celebrated authentically and respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people, and our product drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, competitiveness, and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, and our product accessible to all of our customers.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
Our DEI Commitment