Datadog is the world-class monitoring and security platform for cloud applications. We’re dedicated to creating, developing, and supporting our product and customers, allowing for seamless collaboration and problem-solving among Dev, Ops and Security teams globally. Built by engineers, for engineers, our SaaS product is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries to enable digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stack. Given the resilience of cloud technologies and importance placed today in digital operations and agility, Datadog continues to innovate and is well positioned for the long term.
Datadog is looking for an experienced and passionate privacy professional for program compliance with privacy and technical depth and sector expertise. As a Privacy Program Manager at Datadog, you’ll have the opportunity to leverage your vast experience to help identify and mitigate privacy risks for the company, employees and our customers. You’ll work closely with our legal, security, product, marketing, sales and engineering teams, serving as a subject-matter expert for Datadog’s Privacy Office. Your day-to-day activities will include identifying risks, communicating with cross-functional partners, and providing input into Datadog’s products and practices. The ideal candidate for this position exhibits leadership, is a creative problem solver, and has a deep familiarity with privacy and data-protection issues.
- Lead and support projects to implement (or enhance) the Datadog Privacy Program and program sustenance. Duties include improving and delivering internal training, developing new policies, controls and privacy-related scalable processes in response to business growth and changes in legal requirements.
- Work with engineering, product and corporate teams to support business model innovation and business process re-design/optimization to incorporate Privacy by Design and data governance principles
- Manage Datadog’s pursuit of third-party privacy certifications or standards compliance
- Lead or support aspects of the strategy, development, enhancement, monitoring and documentation of the privacy program.
- Monitor advancements in privacy policies and technologies to support organizational adaptation and compliance, and create, or adjust existing controls to account for changes.
- Collaborate with other departments and personnel (e.g., Products, People Ops, Marketing, Sales, Data Science, etc) in the development of policies, operational procedures, data flows. Conduct or manage data privacy impact assessments, third party due diligence, and data processing activities.
- Monitoring and reporting on the ongoing initiatives of the privacy program.
- Manage internal audit and oversight testing programs for global Privacy, develop test scripts for high-risk areas.
- Make recommendations for changes to business process based on experience, analysis, and best practices
- Identify and document project risks and issues; providing solutions where applicable
- Administer and manage the DD online privacy management tool
- You have a Bachelor's degree in business, technology or related field of study
- Three or more years' experience in related field
- Experience with privacy regulations and industry standards, including GDPR, CCPA, CPRA, ISO27701, PCI-DSS, NIST
- Experience writing business and functional requirements with specifications, including strong documentation skills
- Strong data analysis and reconciliation skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications, TrustArc, JIRA, and Confluence and similar technologies
- You have understanding of technical privacy issues (cookie management, encryption)
- You have patience and negotiation skills with a track record of achieving good user outcomes
- You have the ability to communicate across disciplines (e.g., engineering, information security, legal, marketing, sales, etc)
- You have experience contributing to the privacy community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc.)
Why You Should Apply:
Generous and competitive global and US benefits
New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan
Continuous career development and pathing opportunities
Product training to develop an in-depth understanding of our product and space
Best in breed onboarding
Internal mentor and buddy program cross-departmentally
Friendly and inclusive workplace culture
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.