Product Development Project Manager
About the Team
The Harry's Inc. Global R&D Team is responsible for all aspects of development from ideation to production of new development and maintenance of existing products. The Global Personal Care Development team supports a key strategic goal of the company – to continue to create, develop and assist production of innovative high-quality products that will be sold to and experienced by customers and retailers all over the world.
About the Role
Our Global R&D team is seeking a Product Development Project Manager on the personal care team to continue to help create and deliver high quality and performance grooming products. As project manager you will manage global, cross-functional work streams and lead the product development process from concept to production ready. We seek a strong team player with a demonstrated ability to manage multiple cross-functional work streams. The candidate should be energized by working in a fast-paced environment, with a desire to build a foundation for future growth. The role will be based at our headquarters in New York with domestic and international travel to be expected (up to 15%).
What you will accomplish:
- Drive New Product Launches- Lead global NPI (new product introduction) process to successfully scope, develop, and launch new products
- Work directly with formula and package development, marketing, supply chain, operations, quality, finance and sales teams to plan and execute NPI process and collaborate on all aspects of product development
- Track projects, manage development timelines and facilitate the day-to-day aspects of a project and scope
- Work with domestic and international suppliers and contract manufacturers to maintain development timelines
- Communicate product development strategy, updates and risk to senior management and broader Harry’s organization
- Develop scalable systems and processes to support new launches
- Perform in a fast-paced environment while continuing to be detail-focused/energized
- Exercise strong communication skills with collaborative spirit to move projects forward
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university with 4-6 years in a project management role or similar dynamic, process driven role at a CPG company.
- Experienced with managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced, challenging environment with the ability to shift priorities as needed.
- Have experience interacting with vendors and key partners to ensure delivery of projects against aggressive timelines. Ability to collaborate and drive cross-functional consensus.
- Proactive self-starter- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion and operate with limited oversight.
- Ability to identify, escalate, and mitigate project risk appropriately.
- Strong communication. Ability to communicate well with various cross functional groups as well as suppliers and vendors. Know-how and confidence presenting to senior leadership in a concise and effective manner.
- Extremely organized, detail and process oriented with an ability to relentlessly follow up.
- Roll with the punches - Resilient despite lack of resources and shifting priorities, ability to flex and pivot with the flow.
- A “no task too small” mentality
- An eagerness to learn and tackle any issue that may arise
- Creative skills to be a contributor to "idea generation" of new products or processes
- Willing and able to travel as needed - domestic and international
- PM certification (PMP) or other documented intra-company certification/training is a plus (not required)
- A great attitude and sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.