Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
We're looking for an experienced Program Manager to help us invent new ways of connecting people to the communities and activities they love. If you're someone who is passionate about strategy, planning, and empowering teams to bring products to life in a fast paced environment, then this may be the role for you.
What you'll do:
- Act as program manager across multiple teams with a key focus on strategic initiatives, tactical planning, identifying risks and helping to streamline processes
- Be autonomous. You'll take full ownership of your work and you take responsibility for every detail each step of the way
- Communicate clearly to present your work at different stages
- Ability to think long- and short-term to meet the constraints of a continuous release process while iterating toward a future vision
- Partner with the team’s product manager and tech leads to articulate the long, medium, and short term opportunities, facilitating alignment exercises when needed (e.g. design sprints, workshops, planning)
- Build a deep understanding of Meetup, its design systems, inter-dependencies, and product roadmap as well as our development and analytics integration processes
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience in a consumer-focused tech, product and/or media company
- You're an excellent communicator and can clearly articulate business needs, and help drive processes for quick decision making
- You have the ability to think at a high level about roadmaps, strategy, and goal setting (ideally OKRs)
- You have experience in working with technical and product teams to ship software quickly while iterating
- You are excited to help build and lead a culture of collaboration at Meetup
- You are a strong team builder, enabler of clear communication and addressing challenges in an open and constructive manner
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?