Senior Associate, Market Operations
Who we are
At Cityblock Health, our mission is to radically improve the health of urban communities, block by block. We integrate services to address physical, behavioral, and social needs together, delivered through mobile, field-based care teams to make healthcare more accessible, supportive and goal-driven for the people who need it most.
Every aspect of the Cityblock care model is carefully designed to focus on our members, engaging and empowering them to own and improve their health through trusted relationships. Through field-based, interdisciplinary care teams, we are flexible in how we deliver care, meeting members where they are, and together developing and working longitudinally through a personalized and integrated Member Action Plan (MAP). The care team collaborates to support each member’s whole health and social needs. Enabled by custom-built technology, we build capacity, deliver care and dramatically change members’ opportunities and outcomes.
Partnering with community-based organizations and well-respected commercial partners, and backed by some of the top healthcare investors in the country, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members—and leading the move from transactional, fee-for-service medicine towards high-value, relationship-based partnerships. Our members face economic and social challenges in addition to having mental and physical health needs, and our model combines with our technology will support our care team and members in a completely new way.
The Senior Associate, Market Operations will lead core operational initiatives across Cityblock’s Northeast Region. You will report to the Director of Market Operations and will work closely with hub leadership across multiple hubs in the Northeast Region, as well as with National and Regional leaders across Cityblock’s Clinical Strategy, Innovation and Execution, Data and Product Teams and with external partners. You will be based at Headquarters in DUMBO, but will spend 50% or more of your time at Cityblock hubs across the region, including Brooklyn and Connecticut.
You'll wear many hats and assume major responsibilities within high visibility projects and engagements related to building, monitoring and improving Cityblock’s core operations as we scale rapidly within market and evaluate opportunities to improve the Cityblock care model.
The ideal candidate learns quickly, takes initiative, and can work collaboratively with all team members. You love to build and test new processes and workflows, and are ready to roll up your sleeves and dig into the details to make sure they land. You draw insights from data and are comfortable working with Cityblock’s data team to make sure our care teams have access to the data and tools they need to serve our members. If you like solving hard problems, have experience serving on teams to deliver high impact projects and initiatives, are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
Lead a variety of programs and projects to support the Northeast Market, which may include:
- Developing new standardized, scalable processes and workflows to address local and regional market needs and continuously monitoring performance
- Analyzing performance data and designing dashboards with the data team to ensure leadership and staff have access to the right data to drive performance
- Owning and improving existing key components of our care model strategy at the market level, including outreach, empanelment, transitions of care, care pathways
- Piloting new market-level initiatives and distilling learnings and applying best practices towards national operations
- Supporting coordination with local partners and vendors
- Supporting roll-out of national strategic initiatives at the hub level
- Project managing longer term market initiatives, including regulatory reporting processes
- Supporting design and build-out of new clinical and administrative locations as we expand
You’d be a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years (senior associate) or 1-3 years (associate) of experience in healthcare management consulting or similar large-scale initiatives management experience
- Enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute complex, cross-functional projects
- Are detail oriented and adopt a process-oriented mindset
- Are very comfortable with the project planning process, materials, and workflows
- Are very comfortable with business analytics or performance measurement, and proficient in Excel (we mostly use Google Sheets)
- Have a proven track record for working well across diverse teams
- Thrive in fast-moving work environments as an independent contributor
- Have exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Nice to have:
- Similar project/program management experience within a top consulting firm, private equity firm, innovative care delivery organization, or high growth medical group or health system
- Experience in a high growth technology company
Please include in your application:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.