Senior Program Manager, Flatiron HC Products at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Program Manager to join the Operational Excellence team to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.What You'll Do
In this role, you'll drive value through strategic projects, process improvement, and change management for cross-team initiatives across our FHC product portfolio. You’ll be responsible for collaborating with product and engineering leaders, as well as other cross-functional team members, to drive forward multiple projects at the same time, track the status of our software development activities, and make sure we achieve our goals.
In particular, this role will lead efforts to meet new regulatory and certification requirements requiring coordinated cross functional efforts across our product, engineering, quality management, legal and customer-facing teams. This role will also own and drive optimization across core aspects of our product development life cycle including our roadmapping processes, facilitation of cross functional meetings, and maintenance of regulatory certification status across various products.
- Work cross-functionally to define project goals, develop and manage end-to-end project plans and ensure timely delivery, maintaining a sense of urgency along the way
- Assess & identify vendors, develop RFP’s and onboard new vendors to support Flatiron’s certification & technical efforts
- Analyze tradeoffs between projects, impact on our customers, and strategic alignment with Flatiron's mission
- Distill complex issues and translate them into concrete action plans & results
- Lead workstreams to continue to meet & continually improve our internal processes for existing & new regulatory expectations
- Design, implement, & scale new processes, methodology and toolkits to guide internal accountability, priorities and day to day operations
- Drive forward projects and communicate progress and decisions clearly and regularly to internal and external stakeholders escalating concerns as necessary
- Advocate for internal customer needs, achieving buy-in from senior stakeholders and influencing cross-functional teams to complete deliverables
You have a high degree of comfort with ambiguity & are able to quickly develop hypotheses with limited information. You're a creative thinker and team-player with at least 5 years of experience in operations, program management, or project management. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of operations, project management and/or consulting experience
- You have robust project management skills with demonstrated success in bringing to life highly complex projects with multiple dependencies, adapting to change along the way
- You have the ability to effectively identify what’s important and effectively prioritize competing workstreams
- You have excellent communications skills, with the ability to synthesize, simplify, and explain complex problems to different cross-functional stakeholders
- You have a willingness to learn and dig into details
- You are able to operate effectively when there is little to no structure & many unknowns
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrated ability to deliver results
- You are able to work cross-functionally in a matrixed organization, with particular skill in managing and negotiating with internal stakeholders to drive maximum efficiency
- Bonus: Experience or exposure to healthcare regulatory programs
- Bonus: Experience or exposure to product & technical development
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.