Senior Program Manager, TechOps at Flatiron Health
We're looking for a Senior Program Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the TechOps organization to accelerate Flatiron’s mission to improve cancer care and learn from patient experiences by ensuring that our technical infrastructure and staff maintain the highest levels of reliability, performance, and agility. You'll be a key part of helping us fulfill this mission by guiding us to develop scalable processes and streamline visibility into project execution as we continue to grow rapidly. In addition, you'll also:
- Facilitate delivery of the TechOps program with lightweight, agile processes.
- Ensure delivery of and drive software projects with high technical risk and high coordination complexity by keeping teams coordinated, focused on their goals, and removing impediments outside of the team's control.
- Facilitate Sprint Retrospectives that establish targeted improvements to existing processes that enable the team to focus on sprint/quarterly goals.
- Support product managers through coaching on agile best practices for sprint planning, requirements setting and stakeholder management.
- Partner with product and engineering management to drive multiple teams in creation of agile project execution plans based on team metrics, prioritization and goals from strategic planning.
- Help establish tracking and communication frameworks that will enable teams in pristine project collaboration and execution, mitigating external risks and allowing course corrective actions with ease.
- Manage engineering-wide technical hygiene projects
- Create and manage technical hygiene project plans (capability rollouts, version upgrades) within TechOps and across Flatiron engineering.
- Enable stakeholder management and visibility into what is happening with up & down stream internal customers and their respective operations through a clearly defined process
- Establish a communication framework, with the broader engineering organization, that provides clear reporting, encourages collaboration, facilitates inspection and adaptation; helps coordinate dependencies, and identifies risks and opportunities.
- Coach TechOps Teams in the design & implementation of lean scalable processes and toolkits to guide internal operations, drive efficiency and decrease operational costs
Who You Are
You're a creative problem solver with 5+ years in one of the following roles: operations, project management, program management, engineering lead, product lead or management consultant. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have experience performing the Scrum Master role or Agile coaching.
- You have strong project management skills and excellent organizational, communication and analytical skills; you enjoy being hands-on with a problem solving mindset.
- You have demonstrated ability to deliver results; ability to distill complex issues that include ambiguity, and translate them into concrete action plans.
- You have a strong understanding of software projects’ development, roll-out, and support risks and a strong technical aptitude: understanding of agile processes, technical roadmap terminologies, larger concepts such as APIs and SDLC.
- You have prior experience in a high-paced, fast-growing technology environment.
- You have the ability to influence and align engineers, cross-functional teams, peers and stakeholders while fostering a collaborative culture and building relationships across the organization.
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics