Senior Technical Program Manager, Software Programs at Peloton
Do you have a strong bias for action, great communication skills, and experience managing complex global product development programs and integrated systems? Do you strive to understand the technical details, while maintaining an eye on the cost, schedule, and scope of a program?
Peloton is seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager, Software Programs to drive innovation in the software product development space. This role will work closely with Product management and a broad cross functional team to define and execute against our product development roadmap. Additionally the role will work closely with our system engineering group driving complex initiatives and updates for our current install base.
Successful candidates will have 7+ years of experience managing highly complex programs including user facing Apps and connected device product launches.
You will be responsible for planning out these programs from the onset, executing against cross-functional features, planning requirements, driving alignment between multiple teams, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks, driving the team to results, and clearly communicating to project stakeholders.
This is a Senior position. The right candidate knows what they are doing, and also knows how to get stuff done in a global cross-functional environment. You will Collaborate with Research, Hardware, Software, Manufacturing, Legal, Purchasing and Operations teams in multiple geographic locations, it’s a big part of the job. Knowing who to engage, and when, is crucial. Additionally, you will drive work with third party JDMs and 3rd party technology providers. You will be expected to create RFP’s, define and negotiate Statements of Work, kick-off programs, manage timelines, and escalate and resolve critical issues both within and external to the team without prompting. Overall you will crush it, driving the team over the goal line balancing existing experience, listening skills, decisiveness, and an ability to provide clear direction to the team all while making sure everyone feels part of the process.
- Manage multiple full lifecycle Software and Software for Hardware programs from early definition, to post release support, to End-of-life, while ensuring communication outward
- Work closely with overseas vendors / US based product management to scope, plan and execute the development to cost and timeline goals.
- Communicate program status, risks, and mitigation plans to broader team and executives.
- Technical Analysis: Working with the relevant development team to conduct feasibility studies and confirm the scope for software development per PRD feature list or customer/PLM requirement
- Software release milestone and scope definition: define software release scope per release milestone and ensure software released per requirement.
- Ensure that Software/Firmware features for each version are controlled, and clearly communicated with ODM/JDM/Technology partners and the product manager in US.
- Actively manage and report on the overall quality of the programs you are working on, in conjunction with our SDET and SQA teams.
- Proactively manage program level issues as they arise: pulling the team together to come up with creative solutions to issues and challenges while preserving quality, cost, and schedule targets.
- Manage and ensure resolution of system level issues between Hardware, Firmware, DSP, OS, App with internal teams, external teams, and third party development partners
- Manage ongoing and support work and Operating System releases across current install base
- Engineering degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Technical / Program Management
- 3+ years of experience managing operating system and software application development projects (Android Open Source preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in consumer electronics
- Experience driving at least 3 full cycle programs that involved hardware and software
- Experience working with and managing offshore ODM/JDM vendors as well as 3rd party technology partners.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.