Sr Strategic Sourcing Manager at Peloton
The senior commodities manager will assist the company to research future architectures and technologies for its breakthrough end to end fitness systems. Responsible for developing new supplier and new sourcing partnerships that can be incorporated into new products, as well as existing products to improve cost, efficiency or quality. Work with the broader internal cross functional teams to evaluate the opportunities, while ensuring commercial agreements, intellectual property, and project agreements are accurate and well established prior to pipelining.
- Develop strategic roadmaps linking to his/her relevant commodities, which include scanning and developing new suppliers for potential incorporation into new/existing products.
- Drive advanced sourcing efforts across key electronics areas, partnering closely with software, system, electrical, and other key engineering & technology disciplines.
- Deliver a seamless transition of viable new technologies into the product development process managing risks while meeting quality, schedule, and cost goals.
- Collaborate internally, negotiate the right tradeoffs, solicit cooperation and resolve problems, and advance new supplier or product offerings.
- Provide strong technical direction within the specific commodities, by evaluating and guiding product strategy throughout the product lifecycle.
- Manage and lead the operations effort of developing new and adaptations of existing technologies for Peloton.
- Develop & execute commercial agreements to properly reflect the expectations of project, which include fixed and variable costs, lead-times, schedules, manufacturing capacities, etc.
- Conduct regular technology reviews to Executive staff and management.
- Own the supplier performance management of his/her respective commodities, which includes key delivery, quality, cost, and innovation metrics.
- Act as the primary escalation for his/her respective commodity
- 10+ years of experience in sourcing, engineering, manufacturing, and/or supply chain.
- Domain expertise may include - semiconductors, passives, sensors, power sources, etc.
- Previous experience collaborating with Asian ODM/JDM/EMS.
- Significant background with EE component demand-supply cycles with varied approaches in partnering with suppliers to ensure high demand-supply alignment in a volatile environment.
- Strategic thinker, experienced putting together commodities strategy/roadmap with key engineering stakeholders.
- Well-versed in TCO analysis to ensure data-driven analytics tied to component and supplier selection, in a product-based ecosystem.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (BSME, BSEE) or other related technical degree. Advanced technical degree strongly preferred.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.