Technical Program Manager - Backend/API at Peloton
Are you a Peloton Superfan? Do you have a strong bias for action, great communication skills, and a recognized ability as someone who Gets Stuff Done. Do you have several years experience managing global API / Backend development and deployment in a Program Management capacity?
Peloton is seeking an experienced Technical Program Manager to help drive development and innovation in collaboration with our API and Leaderboard development teams. You’ll be focused on the underlying technology that really drives the engagement behind Peloton fitness products.
Successful candidates will thrive managing highly complex API, Real-time processing applications, and Security implementations on leading edge platforms.
You will be responsible for helping to identify and document requirements, planning out these programs, executing cross-functional feature development, driving alignment between multiple teams across the organization, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks, and clearly communicating to project stakeholders.
The right candidate knows what they are doing, and also knows how to get stuff done in a global cross-functional environment.
- Manage multiple full lifecycle API and Leaderboard programs from early definition, to post release support, to End-of-life, while ensuring communication outward
- Communicate program status, risks, and mitigation plans to broader team and executives.
- Technical Analysis: Working with the relevant development team to conduct feasibility studies and confirm the scope for software development
- Software release milestone and scope definition: define software release scope per release milestone and ensure software released per requirement.
- Ensure that API features for each version are controlled, and clearly communicated with internal teams that consume the API’s as well as the product management team.
- Actively manage and report on the overall quality of the programs you are working on.
- Proactively manage program level issues as they arise: pulling the team together to come up with creative solutions to issues and challenges while preserving quality, cost, and schedule targets.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering / CS (Masters / MBA preferred)
- 4+ years of experience in Technical / Program Management in the Backend and API space
- Working knowledge and experience with Activation, Authentication, and API level Security
- General understanding of Rest APIs and GraphQL as well as conceptual knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture / microservices architecture.
- Familiar with various datastores such as Postgres, Redis, Memcache and/or DynamoDB.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.