Technical Program Manager - SRE at Lifion by ADP
We are seeking a highly skilled, team-oriented individual to be a Manager: Technical Program Manager for our Site Reliability Engineering teams. The successful candidate will have a passion for incident management, Site Reliability Engineering and infrastructure. They will be an energizing servant leader, an enabler and driver, a self starter and can work in an ambiguous environment, willing to learn and grow, work with technical teams. Possess strong interpersonal communication and facilitation skills, be detail-oriented, thorough and results-focused.
- Collaborates across various cross functional teams including Engineering, Product, User Experience, Reliability and Security to ensure everyone is aligned to Project/Program goals.
- Scale and own all programs across the Incident Management lifecycle including: incident response best practices, post-mortem improvement program, and incident reporting/trends.
- Manage and mentor junior Project Managers for a domain within the organization.
- In addition to program management responsibilities you must be hands on; working in the capacity of a Scrum Master - Organizing scrum ceremonies, working with product teams to build product roadmaps and assisting in release planning.
- Lead several technical programs with tight deadlines and dependencies, manage priorities, risks and dependencies.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering teams to identify, resolve and promote adoption for reliability initiatives which can then inform strategy, and drive the product roadmap
- Develop working knowledge of technologies to manage development tasks, identify and resolve issues and effectively communicate with stakeholders.
- Oversee the day-to-day progress of programs and release initiatives with regard to time, scope, and quality
- Builds project plans, manage scope and schedule, identify risks and issues and publish status reports.
- Define key milestones, assess delivery against milestones, communicate team’s capacity and progress against milestones to stakeholders and all levels of management in a consistent and transparent manner.
- Drives to build self-organized development teams and facilitate issue resolution within the team.
- Defines and owns all engineering process for your teams.
- Be a part of strategic planning and goal setting for your teams and communicates a clear vision of one’s team.
- Facilitates in release planning and scheduling by providing empirical scrum team statistics, identifying project dependencies and mitigate risks.
- Works with PMO to establish KPI’s and use the metrics to track team progress and decision making.
- 5+ years as an Technical Program Manager in an engineering organization.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development project life cycle.
- Experience with AWS or a cloud-native infrastructure is a highly valued.
- Experience managing/mentoring a team of Project Managers.
- Familiar with technical constructs, process and development frameworks.
- Has planned and executed on complex and large scale cross team initiatives ideally within service / SRE / Infrastructure domains.
- Has a good understanding of development metrics and the use of dashboards / reports to radiate information.
- A background in software development is a plus.