Technical Program Manager, Trust & Safety at Hinge
Technical Program Manager, Trust & Safety
The Trust & Safety Technical Program Manager will take ownership of Hinge's Bad Actor program and work cross-functionally with engineering, data science, product, and community to build out a suite of best-in-class abuse prevention systems (in the form of internal tools, machine learning solutions, automated technical systems, and user-facing product features) and maintain the quality of our user base and the safety of our users.
- Own strategy for Hinge’s Bad Actors Program and partner with engineering teams on the design and implementation of scalable solutions to prevent abuse and fraud on Hinge.
- Collaborate with data science to innovate new ways to detect bad actors through machine-learning.
- Define projects, collect business requirements, and write functional and technical specifications. Own project implementation end-to-end.
- Develop new internal tools to enable our moderation and member services teams to resolve community issues.
- You have 4+ years of experience as a technical program manager, technical project manager, or other cross-functional technical program ownership role.
- You can communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- You are a data-driven decision maker.
- Strongly preferred background in social platforms, fraud detection/moderation, risk and/or abuse management, or trust and safety.
- Experience with machine learned products a plus.
Objectives in the first three months
- Define and implement one to two innovative bad actor detection methods
- Define a vision and roadmap for internal tool optimizations
We believe the quality of your relationships determines the quality of your life. So when it comes to your most important relationship, it makes sense to take a more thoughtful approach. Hinge provides an alternative to swipe culture by creating smart matches and natural conversations among people who are on the same page. That’s why 75% of our first dates turn into second dates, and why we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the NYTimes Wedding section. Hinge is where the next generation is going when they’re over dating games and ready to find meaningful connections.
- Open: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Candid: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly, in real time.
- Kind: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
- Engaged: Be self-empowered, purposeful and involved. Lean in and be the solution
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.