Technical Project Manager (Back Office Platform)
This role is remote, with one required visit to your designated home office per quarter.
Remote option is available for employees located in the following states; AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, IA, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TX, TN, WA, WV, and Washington D.C. (States subject to change at any time)
Home Office: Jersey City, NJ
WELCOME TO THE EMPIRE! Caesars is one of the biggest names in the world of betting and we are striving to become the largest sports betting platform across America. We share a passion for sports and are industry leaders providing best-in-class service for all our customers.
With William Hill now a part of Caesars Entertainment, we plan to lead the pack by delivering products our customers love to use! As Caesars/William Hill, we operate sports betting in 18 U.S. jurisdictions and have partnerships with the biggest leagues and media companies in the country including, the NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, ESPN, and CBS Sports. Marking a major milestone in American sports history, we opened the first-ever sports betting venue within a professional United States sports facility, the Caesars Sportsbook at the Capital One Arena in Washington D.C. Partnerships like this are positioning our business to skyrocket as sports betting continues to expand across the country and our customers get a taste of the action.
On the Technology side, we've built an entire sports betting and iGaming platform from the ground up in less than 3 years. Through continuous improvement and data-informed product development, we are adding features so that our customers have the best product experience in the market. Our Product Technology team is comprised of the brightest minds in Tech, and our culture of autonomy and decisiveness gives the team the freedom to deliver without constantly seeking permission to take action. We chart our own path and innovate as we create the next generation of products. We're looking for like-minded superstars that want to work with the best of the best and join the biggest name in sports betting and iGaming as we take over the U.S. market!
What You Will Do:
- Lead projects related to rolling out William Hill's newest technology into new states across the U.S where digital sports betting and gaming is legal
- Within the domain of deploying William Hill's Liberty technology stack to new states, develop efficient processes focused on repeatability and scale
- Manage projects that span across multiple agile development teams
- Be hands-on and work closely with the Product Technology feature teams to solve problems, not just delegate and track
- Ensure that delivery is aligned to business targets and the technical roadmap
- Build and maintain a project plan that tracks the milestones and dependencies across all project workstreams
- Track, surface, and mitigate project risks before they adversely impact the project timeline
- Track and follow up on project team member's action items
- Liaise with external parties that have key deliverables within your projects
- Measure and report project status on a weekly basis to all stakeholders
- Identify and empower workstream owners
- Ensure engineering team's roadmaps meet the target dates for projects.
- Work with sponsors to shape and make key decisions on objectives, scope, timescales, deliverables and benefits of the program and gain key stakeholder engagement
- Act as the key project escalation point for your projects, actively working with technical and non-technical stakeholders to identify and agree the best options to resolve issues throughout the project
- Improve efficiency of software delivery processes
- Manage relationships with key technical vendors
- Contribute to the release calendar
- Aid in creation of release notes for related project delivery
- Liaise with and request approval from the business for code releases
- Provide general support for GM
- Work closely with William Hill colleagues across geographically dispersed team in a hybrid (virtual/on location) environment
What You Will Need:
- Experience in Project Delivery, as a Program Manager, Project Manager, Head of Delivery or equivalent
- Detailed knowledge of IT delivery processes and approaches in use across the market i.e. Agile, Scaled Agile, LeSS
- Strong customer focus recognizing internal and external customers, establishing effective relationships and demonstrating a thorough understanding of customer needs
- Experience in process management and process improvement, specifically within an agile Product organization
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence
- Experience leading projects migrating from monolithic, legacy technology to modular, scalable technology a plus
- Professional management skills including communication, networking and influencing skills necessary to establish working relationships within the company up to board level and 3rd party development partners
- Confident operating within a constantly changing environment, with frequent prioritization changes
- Able to focus on strategic goals and objectives while dealing tactically with operational issues
Behold! Caesars Sportsbook is here, and we're proud to be a part of Caesars Entertainment-the number one gaming company in the world with over 80 years of sports betting expertise.
At Caesars Sportsbook, we believe all our Team Members should be treated like Caesars. It's the mantra we were founded on, and the standard that drives us to provide our customers with best-in-class service.
As we continue to Blaze The Trail with our Caesars Sportsbook & Casino app, the expansion of our Caesars Sportsbook retail locations, our World Series of Poker franchise, our William Hill legacy brand, and partnerships with the biggest names in sports and entertainment, we're creating new and exciting opportunities for you to be a part of our empire and make an impact.
Interested in joining the team? Check out our job postings and see what we have to offer, people. And remember-We Are All Caesars!