Technical Project Manager, Enterprise Data & Systems at Cityblock Health
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
Cityblock is looking for a Technical Project Manager to join the Enterprise Data & Systems team, a role which will help successfully deliver critical technology projects spanning multiple teams in Technology and across the company. The Enterprise Data & System team’s mission is to build the right physical, virtual, and data infrastructures; delight the company with excellent support; and always put members first with our focus on quality, maintainability and security.
As part of the Enterprise Data & Systems team, you will be responsible for highly impactful work of enterprise scope which includes project planning, scope management, risk management, change management, budget and resource planning, cost estimation, tracking and issue resolution. Throughout the lifecycle of these projects, you will be responsible for considering and proposing appropriate trade offs across scope, timeline and costs. You will work hand in hand with stakeholders from across the company, including technical leadership, business leaders, engineers, and security and legal experts.
You will be most successful in this role if you are self-motivated; enjoy learning about and coordinating large technology projects; energized by bringing order to complex technology projects; and communicate with joy to stakeholders from across the company. You seek out opportunities to bring clarity to ambiguous situations. You love being part of a diverse team and seek to elevate the voices of your teammates. And you enjoy creating a place where colleagues feel included, cared for, and supported personally and professionally.
Your role is critical in helping us support patients in communities hardest hit by COVID-19 through helping our care teams of community health partners, medical staff and social workers to problem-solve for our patients using opinionated information and driving action at a panel-level.
Requirements for the Role:
- You have a passion for doing mission-oriented work.
- You are detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- You are an excellent communicator using verbal, written, and graphical means as appropriate depending on your audience.
- You are a self-motivated learner.
- You have experience and success in creating accurate resource estimates for budgeting and project planning.
- You have experience and success managing multiple, concurrent projects
- You must be comfortable with ambiguity and frequent change.
- You must be a strong team player, even across lines of difference
How We Define Success:
- Operates effectively, and with a positive attitude, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with the strong ability to drive results.
- Develops and maintains cost-conscious project plans that meet organizational objectives and timelines for both technology solutions and business process improvement.
- Manages and communicates the status of active and pending projects to all stakeholders on a regular basis, including business stakeholders and technology teams.
- Successfully manages the delivery of projects including end-to-end management, from needs analysis and requirements gathering through development and user acceptance testing and training.
- Supports team members in executing tasks as needed to meet project deliverables.
- Identifies key project stakeholders both internally and externally, including vendors, and manages those relationships in support of a comprehensive approach to each project.
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Manages organizational resources (time, people and budget) efficiently.
- Proactively manages and mitigates issues and risks.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with team members, vendors and other departments involved in projects.
- Embraces JIRA, ClickUp, and other team collaboration tools to effectively identify, track, and communicate priorities both for day-to-day and long-term planning.
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Experience managing vendors to deliver against contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree OR aligned, comparable work experience
- CAPM or PMP Certification
- Agile / Scrum Certification (CSM) or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in technology projects focused on physical infrastructure, cybersecurity, and cloud technologies.
- Previous exposure to clinical operations and/or working with physicians
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.