Technical Project Manager
Who we are
MANTL is a NYC-based venture-backed enterprise FinTech platform serving the U.S. commercial and retail banking market. In short, our product suite offers modern tools and experiences for the customers and operators of the 10,000+ banks nationwide that are subject to crumbling legacy infrastructure.
Yup. We realize that in no way sounds sexy. But listen, our customers think we’re super sexy.
Why? Because we’re the only one in this industry who actually put in the effort (more about that on our follow up call ;). But also because our digital products can do crazy things, like take a bank’s new customer conversion rate from single digits to over 70% (where you at, e-commerce?!).
Since launching our first product for white-labeled online bank account opening in August of 2017, we’ve released several new products, tripled our engineering headcount, and have become cash-flow positive. In our year-and-a-half of business, we’ve never even advertised or marketed the company (only getting started on that this Spring). In our short time in the market, every close competitor of ours has either been acquired by a half-century old industry conglomerate or has failed to gain market relevance.
Let’s just say, with a little luck and a lot of hard work we’ve been fortunate to find ourselves in a gooood spot. So, we’re looking for a Head of Talent to help us grow the team and build a recruiting machine to help us through the next phase of scaling. What say you? Interested?
What you’ll be doing
As the first Project Management hire, you’ll work directly with the Executive Team and will play a critical role across our engineer, product, design, devops, and customer success teams, focusing on optimizing processes within teams and handoffs between departments.
You should love collaborating with teams to help them work more efficiently, shaping development and engineering workflows, and championing customer-first values. You have lead multiple projects and/or programs across different technical products. You know how to blend different methodologies to ensure processes are tailored to individual team’s needs. You prioritize outcomes over outputs when developing processes because you know we only succeed when we build a user centric product that delivers value as early and often as possible. You will report directly to the CTO.
You’ll be expected to:
- Obsess about making our process more efficient across departments
- Own the SCRUM process and measure capacity to accurately estimate development time
- Work with stakeholders to handle incoming requests for our product, design and development teams
- Work with engineers to identify blockers and risks early, working to resolve or escalate when appropriate
- Manage QA coverage, coordinating between our different development teams
- Own release management process and identify dependencies across teams
- Define incident and problem management, and act as the conduit between product and customer success
- Willingness to challenge traditional project manager notions, and extend beyond day-to-day project management duties
- Build out the project management function over time, as the team grows
- 3+ years professional Technical Project Management experience with a demonstrated track record of success executing on large, complex software projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Deep understanding of Agile/Scrum development
- Deep understanding of Design Ops
- Deep understanding of Release management, as well as Idea and Requirements management
- Experience with QA and coordinating regression testing
- Power user level proficiency in JIRA or similar project management software
- Power user level proficiency in Aha! or similar product management and planning software
- High level of attention to detail and drive to get things right the first time
- Ability to manage competing requirements and intelligently prioritize
- Ability to problem solve and tap into the resources available efficiently
- Opinionated about how technical project management 'should' be done and motivated to mold the process to your vision
Nice To Haves
- Agile or Scrum Certification
- FinTech and/or enterprise software experience
- Professional web development / DevOps experience
- Design / Wire-framing skills in sketch, invision, adobe, or similar
- Experience with relational databases and writing SQL