Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
OwnBackup is looking for a Visual Storyteller who will be responsible for managing and executing high-visibility, engaging presentations. By collaborating with executives and key stakeholders across the organization, your goal is to consistently and creatively tell the story of OwnBackup. Your primary mediums are Keynote and Google Slides.
Beyond being an expert in these tools and possessing a proven history of storytelling and design principles, you are adept at interpreting concepts into digestible visuals (graphics, charts, diagrams, metaphorical images, etc). You are able to take complex ideas and communicate them visually in a strategic and simplified manner. You embrace the challenge of visual communication, recognize that simplicity is a priority, tell the best and most engaging story, and convey the brand in the best possible way. Your goal is to gain an understanding of our products, business and strategy to not only streamline production time, but add value with innovative ideas. This position reports to the Creative Director.
Your Day-to-Day Role
- Engage with stakeholders across the entire org, including executives, around presentation needs
- Refine and maintain templates and key presentations that support our brand messaging
- Serve as lead visual storyteller for our executive’s speaking engagements, board presentations, All Hands meetings, Kickoff meetings, and other similar opportunities
- Listen to business concepts and come up with ideas to best tell that story, visually
- Develop presentations for external events including webinars and tradeshows
- Build and maintain easy-to-use templates and guidelines for employees
- Educate employees around presentation best practices
- Own and maintain a master repository of all slides and presentations
- Ability to contribute to the Brand Creative’s needs on a broader scale
- Participate in brainstorming sessions
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a design, marketing, or communications field or similar
- Masterful proficiency in Keynote and Google Slides
- Intermediate to Advanced skill level in Photoshop, Illustrator, Figma
- A portfolio demonstrating strong written and visual presentation skills
- Strong project management skills and have a can-do attitude
- Ability to effectively communicate and present work and ideas
- Self-motivated with a collaborative spirit
- Dexterity in copy with the ability to translate concepts visually
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our Englewood Cliffs, NJ office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.
A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.