VP, Program Management at TrialSpark
TrialSpark is a technology-driven drug development company that runs end-to-end clinical trials, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster and more efficiently.
The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade and frequently costs $1B+. To combat this industry problem, TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of a clinical trial, enabling more efficient trial design, faster trial completion, and higher trial data quality.
TrialSpark recently raised their Series C, and is putting the capital to work by in-licensing and co-developing drug programs through in-house development, joint ventures, and NewCos. Together with doctors, patients, and communities, TrialSpark is working to develop the treatments of tomorrow.
About the position
We are looking for the first Vice President of Program Management. This critical leadership role will ensure successful advancement of the company’s programs from late-stage research, through CMC, non-clinical and clinical development, regulatory submission, manufacturing and commercialization. A strong desire to build innovative team structures and processes to speed up development will be a key success factor for this position, utilizing the deep experience of the industry that they should possess. The successful candidate will have a track record of building and managing high performing teams of program and project managers who will drive strong cross functional collaboration to meet timelines and look for ways to accelerate development. In addition, the VP Program management will oversee project governance, resource planning and portfolio analytics.
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer/Head of Development, the Vice President, Program Management, will lead the Program Management function and be the single point of accountability for selected development programs.
- Build out processes and staffing to support and scale the Program/Project Management function
- Accountable for cross functional global development team leadership to develop and execute successfully comprehensive product development and lifecycle management plans (non-Clinical, Clinical, CMC, Regulatory, Commercial) that optimize: value, time, resources, risk, and alignment with business objectives.
- Supports cross-functional due diligence efforts
- Oversees the cross-functional process of bringing newly acquired assets into the company, and externalizing project management for "new co" programs
- May serve as the program lead for selected assets
- Assure project are meeting timeline and budgets expectations
- Ensures strategic alignment of the development effort with corporate executive leadership.
- Manages stakeholder relationships across the company to ensure the development team has the support needed to operate effectively.
- Single point of contact for partner company interactions and alliance management during the development programs.
- You have an Advanced life sciences degree (e.g., MD, PhD,) an MBA is highly desirable
- You have 15+ years of biopharmaceutical development experience with at least 10 years of relevant work experiences in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry. Experience with biologics highly desirable as well as a wide range of therapeutic areas.
- You must demonstrate deep knowledge of the overall drug development process; early drug development experience is highly desirable.
- You will have the ability to show a focus on first principles and to challenge the status quo.
- You must have demonstrated experience shepherding a development program from research through to commercialization (early and late-stage development experience) and are comfortable with “hands on” and “roll up your sleeves” when needed.
- You are able to communicate clearly and effectively with clinical scientists, biologists, manufacturing experts, regulatory and commercial colleagues at all levels both within and external to the organization (including industry experts / key opinion leaders and FDA).
- You have a high degree of organizational awareness and understanding of change management and leading innovation with outstanding relationship-building skills
- You have a proven ability to lead and influence data-driven strategy development, planning and implementation.
- You have outstanding business acumen and scientific insight with ability to align teams to corporate strategy.
- You have a track record of creating a positive environment for employees that instills trust, encourages diversity of thought, ensures clear and transparent communication and drives the organization to align around the overall corporate goals and vision.
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.