VP, Project Management at Known (Greater NYC Area, NY)
WE HAVE CREATED A WORLD WHERE ART AND SCIENCE ARE BEST FRIENDS
Known is a modern marketing company engineered for the unprecedented opportunities and challenges facing marketers today. We are about 500 people strong, pairing PhD data scientists with award-winning creatives, strategists, engineers and expert research teams to produce some of the most innovative and cutting-edge creative work in culture. We believe that when creative truly collaborates with science, strategy, and technology, amazing things can happen.
Our clients span the leading brands in finance, technology, media, CPG, real estate, and many other categories. These partnerships have earned us multiple awards and recognition: Emmys, Clios, Effies, Cannes Lions Awards, ProMax Agency of the Year, Digiday’s Most Innovative Media Agency, and most recently, Ad Age's 2023 Agency A-List.
We couldn’t create this award-winning work without seeking out and hiring the best talent. What does it mean to be a Knowner? We are curious innovators, knowledge-hunters who are constantly challenging ourselves to do better and be better for our clients, for our team and for our world at large. Our offices around the U.S. are open and this will be a hybrid in-office/remote position based in our Los Angeles or New York City location.
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT US, LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU
Known is looking for a Vice President, Project Management to join the Studios practice, working with clients spanning consumer and entertainment brands. The Vice President, Project Management sets clear standards and guidelines for their work to ensure that all projects they and their team deliver are on strategy, on time and on budget. A quality Vice President, Project Management will have exceptionally strong communication, leadership and management skills. They must bring a “can do” attitude, fast problem solving skills, exceptional leadership, and a hands on work style to ensure the success of the project management team and Studios department as a whole.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Oversee the project management function within the Studios practice.
- Manage, mentor, grow and inspire a team of 8-10+ project management professionals at the associate to director level.
- Regularly partner with clients across industries to determine project scope and overall success.
- Develop project budgets and staffing plans that meet client needs and preserve agency margins.
- Evaluate and strategically advise on the financial and overall viability of prospective engagements with business development and executive/C-Suite leadership.
- Assign team members to projects in conjunction with resource management and creative leadership.
- Establish best practices and internal processes that 1) make for efficient and effective work and communication streams, and 2) guarantee appropriate tracking and profitability across all projects.
- Train Project Managers to create detailed project plans and timelines to track progress and manage projects of all sizes and budgets from concept to completion.
- Field, evaluate, and quickly respond to (and resolve) concerns from your team; act as an escalation point for client-specific workflows and budget discussions.
- Solicit input from cross-functional leads to define, document, train and maintain best practices for project management tools.
- Work with Creative Operations leadership to develop best practices and processes for frequent and early communication of contingent staffing needs across projects.
WHAT YOU HAVE DONE/WHO YOU ARE
- You have experience overseeing the delivery of best in class 360 campaigns (including AV, Digital, Social, Print, OOH, Live Action and Experiential) for industry leading companies.
- You possess an exceptional ability to manage long-term, multi-million dollar engagements and multiple project tracks with a firm command of project management processes and methodologies.
- Likewise, you are experienced in managing quick, nimble, short-term engagements with smaller, more multi-disciplinary teams.
- You have a deep understanding of 360 campaign and production lifecycles, with both entertainment marketing and consumer brands clients.
- You have an incredible ability to manage and set expectations with your team. You are someone who can both lead by example and also take an active interest in fostering the talents of your direct reports.
- You possess exceptional leadership qualities, such as motivation and conflict-management techniques.
- You have an expert knowledge of spreadsheets and Google slides.
- You have superb time management skills and are especially strong with calendar prioritization.
- You have a practiced ability to deliver concise, clear communications.
Your Background Includes:
- 12-15+ years of integrated agency experience in a fast paced environment.
- Undergraduate degree in program management, business, marketing or a similar field.
SOME OF OUR PERKS
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401k with company matching and no vesting period
- Generous medical plan
- Annual discretionary bonus
- Paid parental leave
- Company-wide events and retreats
ONE LAST THING TO ASK YOURSELF
All this might sound great, but you’re probably still wondering, “Would I be a good fit for Known?” or “Would Known be a good fit for me?” Our culture is propped up by four values that we aspire to every day: We are one team. We see the good. We never stop learning. There’s always a better way. At Known we are setting out to build something more than just a company. We are building a legacy filled with exceptionally talented people with a kaleidoscope of backgrounds, experiences, and origin stories who feel encouraged and empowered to bring their whole selves to work, and to partner with us in molding and shaping our culture through our values.
Known is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or locally protected class.
The base salary for this position is $200K-$225K. This range is posted in compliance with state and municipal Pay Transparency laws. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible to receive additional Known benefits.