LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry's largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With thousands of retailers and thousands of brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, we are setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $1 billion in wholesale cannabis orders - you can learn more about our history and path to $1B here http://firstbillion.leaflink.com/.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC's, including Thrive Capital and Lerer Hippeau is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's 'Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company's 'Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2020', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we're just getting started!The Role
This role will create, grow, and nurture national and regional relationships with our enterprise dispensary clients, ensuring adoption across LeafLink’s suite of b2b marketplace services. We’re looking for someone with a proven track-record of building deep relationships with enterprise retailers in order to expand our reach and deepen our engagement, both with multi-state cannabis retail chains and key single state operators. Reporting into the Regional Director of the East Coast region, you will work together with a cross-functional team to not only drive retail engagement with LeafLink’s platform, but to contribute to LeafLink’s overall success in the East Coast region. You will also work with our Enterprise brand team, partnering to drive success in vertically integrated national accounts that specialize in both manufacturing cannabis brands and retail. As the voice of the customer for enterprise retailers, you will collect and share feedback with internal stakeholders, helping to shape the future strategy for the buy-side of LeafLink’s marketplace.
This role is for self-starters and entrepreneurial-minded individuals who are long-term strategic thinkers while also versatile in being able to execute near-term objectives. You are a good fit for this position if you are a goal-oriented overachiever, inherently positive and direct individual willing to explore new paths that require rapid-learning.Responsibilities
- Lead LeafLink’s efforts to grow GMV and revenue within the cannabis industry’s East Coast retail accounts, including Multi-State Operators (MSOs), retail chains, and key mid-market accounts.
- Develop and manage and multi-layer relationships with the cannabis industry’s largest retailers, identifying potential new opportunities with partners and ensuring those relationships support key growth, monetization, and product initiatives of the company.
- Achieve growth targets for assigned accounts on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis that include client engagement (GMV) and revenue.
- Work across multiple teams and with multiple stakeholders internally to package our product offerings as a full-service solution for our enterprise retail platform partners; packages may include our SaaS-enabled Marketplace, LeafLink Financial payments solutions, LeafLink Logistics (L3), integrations, and LeafLink Insights (analytics).
- Interact with both day-to-day and senior level contacts to build lasting relationships.
- Be the company evangelist for these partnerships internally and get the team excited about our technology and offerings.
- Become a thought leader by being able to speak in depth about all of LeafLink’s products and offerings as well as confidently represent company POVs on industry topics in partner and internal meetings/emails.
- Execute overall growth plan geared to align with the company’s long-term strategy.
- Manage partnership deliverables including regular reports and ad hoc needs.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- You have significant experience (5+ years) selling technology or tech-enabled services to enterprise-level retailers within a high growth company.
- You have a track record of achieving and exceeding your targets.
- You are familiar with solution selling, and comfortable managing your accounts within Salesforce.
- You are a strong communicator - possessing both written and verbal communication skills, you can develop presentations with clear narratives and compelling solutions.
- You are the master at suggesting next steps, customizing communications, and following-through with even the most unlikely of leads. Follow-through is the cornerstone of your success.
- You are able to seamlessly work with all levels of a partner organization, from the executive & C-suite level to the regional purchasing manager level.
- You understand that due to the nature of this role, external partners can change your day’s plan with little/minimal notice. You understand that some late nights, unplanned challenges, and communications outside of traditional business hours are part of the job.
- You possess the ability to excel in a fast-paced startup, and you thrive in a market that is constantly evolving and changing
- A solid understanding of the current landscape in the legalized Cannabis industry is a strong plus.
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.