Haven Life Insurance Agency is an insurtech innovator at MassMutual that offers a new way to get life insurance online that's actually simple. It is composed of 250+ New York City-based engineers, marketers, designers, data geeks, and insurance nerds.
We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique. Our diverse team is composed of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly and don't take themselves too seriously. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too.
If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
At Haven Life, we’re well aware of the impact our solutions have on our customers’s lives. But we won’t rest until everybody knows. We’re seeking a qualified business development specialist to extend our national reach through expert discovery and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. Our ideal candidate will be trusted to dive right in, take the lead, use initiative, and help build Haven Life’s sales through strategic partnerships. Highly skilled at sales and business operations, this person will join and inspire a team of like-minded go-getters to achieve our company vision.
The Business Development role is often the first point of contact a new potential client will have with Haven Life when they are seeking information on our products and services that we have created. The BDM also responds to Request for proposals, tenders, and develops sales through corporate partnerships. A major part of this role is to identify, manage, and communicate current and future partner needs across a complex multi-team agile organization to aggressively grow sales year after year. Remove any roadblocks and problem solve any issues that arise to clear the path for delivery.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- In this role, you will explore, onboard partners and drive sales for multiple market segments; worksite and benefits platforms, market & insurance aggregators & others
- Creating and managing a partnership pipeline for sales growth over short, mid and long term timeframes
- Seek, understand and provide feedback to the Haven Life team regarding partnership wants, needs, trends & competitive advantages
- Work with a relationship manager to grow sales year over year in key account relationships
- Work well in a startup environment, creating new processes, organization, etc. on the evolving business model
- Participate in consumer product and technical capability development needs discussions
- Ability to see and understand market trends, needs & communicates impact to business to teammates
- Build, scale and manage a sizable partner revenue business with predictable sales
- Challenge the status quo for interfacing organizations/partnerships to adapt framework to our unique environment
- 7+ years of experience in business development
- Proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive or relevant role
- Interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both partners and co-workers
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Comfortable making decisions with limited data
- Intellectually curious, pro-actively seeks to learn new things and drive improvements
- Help others succeed by modeling professional behavior, supporting a culture of collaboration and inclusion, while staying humble
- History of successfully getting things done, via execution and clear ownership of large, complex corporate partnerships
- Entrepreneurial minded and driven self-starter with extensive experience in an agile/adaptable environment and demonstrated success in the following areas:
- Influencing stakeholders who don’t have a direct reporting relationship
- Leading through ambiguity with the ability to get to clarity to provide team clear direction
- Ability to negotiate win-win outcomes
- Authorized to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship now or in the future
- This position is based out of our Manhattan office, Boston office or can be remote
- FinTech, Financial Services or Insurance Sales Experience
- Masters degree
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive and handle uncertainty
- Understanding of the sales process and dynamics
- Able to work comfortably in a fast paced environment
- Proven sales track record
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Relevant experience in working for (or with) a consumer start-up preferred, not required.
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.