Business Development Manager at Policygenius
About the role…
Are you passionate about establishing high-impact business partnerships? Do you enjoy strategically seeking out new revenue opportunities? Do you have a multifaceted background that touches on business development, marketing, and finance?
The Business Development team is responsible for establishing and growing revenue driving partnerships at Policygenius. We are creative and relentless in figuring out ways to grow the business.
Reporting into the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for playing a key role in helping the Property & Casualty insurance team reach its revenue and growth goals via a combination of establishing new strategic partnerships and managing a base of existing partners.
In this role, you will…
- Strategically prospect for new partnerships and grow existing high value opportunities
- Build internal and external business cases to secure resources to meet growth objectives
- Negotiate complex deals and assist in creating RFPs to win business
- Work cross-functionally across Operations, Product, Design, Marketing, and Engineering to get larger-scale initiatives properly implemented
- Strategize with existing partners to develop out of the box ideas to activate marketing initiatives and maximize sales
- Assemble clear and concise presentations for internal and external stakeholders
- Establish, track, and report on KPIs, while routinely meeting or exceeding goals
- Contribute to strategic initiative projects (i.e. new product, new channel, etc.) via analytics, research, and consumer insights
We’d love to hear from you if…
- You have 4+ years of business development or account management experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- You have strong interpersonal skills and ability to build positive relationships with internal & external stakeholders to gain buy-in and achieve business results
- You have a proven track record of managing and growing partnerships with leading financial services lead generation companies
- You have a desire to build a channel strategy and execute on all aspects from initial outreach through launch/early account management
- You are skilled at negotiation and navigating complex business situations
- You have advanced analytical and problem solving skills; ability to understand complex business and product strategies
- You have a deep aptitude for numbers, passion for accuracy, and exceptional attention to detail
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- A flexible-first workplace, with the freedom to work in our beautiful offices or remotely as needed based on the needs of your role, team, and the business
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry, including training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- An inclusive community of fun, diverse, and open-minded coworkers committed to our mission of helping people get financial protection right
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" four years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!