Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to power human potential through better sleep, using innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, it was named by Fast Company in 2018 as one of the Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics.
We've just launched our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod. It's an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. Early feedback is great, but we still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
That is why we are looking for a talented Business Development Manager who will play a leading role in identifying, prioritizing, communicating and executing new partnership opportunities for Eight Sleep, while also leading our affiliate marketing and B2B sales channels. This position will report into Eight Sleep’s SVP of Growth and will work cross-functionally with the Product, Marketing, Operations and Finance teams to properly analyze and launch new initiatives, while optimizing existing partnerships. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, be highly organized, self-motivated, and excited about working in a role with tons of autonomy.
How you’ll contribute:
- Identify and engage new growth and partnership opportunities with traditional and startup retail brands that provide complimentary value to Eight Sleep
- Grow the B2B sales channel through new hospitality or university customers, and manage existing relationships, retain customers, and grow the value of each account through recurring business
- Manage affiliate marketing, one of Eight Sleep’s top revenue channels, and help grow our brand awareness through strategic relationships
- Apply strategic lens and framework to opportunities based on Eight Sleep’s revenue targets, brand aspiration, product portfolio, and technology roadmap
- Roll up sleeves as needed to ensure strategic initiatives are successfully executed and carried out
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 4-6 years of relevant experience, preferably in business development, marketing or partnership roles
- Experience working cross-functionally and representing companies in discussions and negotiations with C/VP-level executives
- Exposure to marketing through working in the direct-to-consumer, SaaS, or Media industries is preferred
- Adapts well to a fast-paced environment - being independent and scrappy is a must
- Adept at managing through constant change
- Highly self-motivated, hard-working, and results driven
Why you'll love Eight Sleep:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Flexible, generous PTO
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Discounted gym memberships, commuter benefits
- Weekly team happy hours and lunches
- Office snacks
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Read Full Job Description