Director of Sales and Client Success (Skillshare For Teams)
What you'll do:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of our Skillshare for Teams business, including both sales and client success
- Exceed quarterly sales and retention targets
- Refine sales processes, including prospecting, inbound handling, demoing and sales operations strategies in order to drive increased sales effectiveness
- Work with client success manager to build out account management practices that drive engagement, retention and upsell
- Manage current team of 3 (2 sales, 1 client success), including coaching, mentoring and performance management
- Build out the team as business performance dictates
- Work with marketing function to create lead gen, lead nurturing and sales enablement programs
- Help create the long term Skillshare for Teams strategy
- Measure and report on performance of business as a whole
Why we're excited about you:
- You’re ambitious and are up for the challenge of growing a very early-stage business within a more established startup
- Significant sales leadership experience with a track record of driving results
- Creative thinker who is resourceful and finds a way to hit their goals
- Strong business acumen with ability to manage a P&L and build out compensation plans
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Strong executive/managerial presence
Why you're excited about us:
- Impact: Our Skillshare for Teams business represents a huge growth opportunity for Skillshare, of which we’ve only just scratched the surface. This role will be the individual most responsible with growing this nascent part of our company.
- Growth: This is the rare opportunity to grow a very early stage business within a more established and stable startup. This can be a career-defining role for you.
- Our mission: We are building a learning ecosystem for the new economy and changing millions of lives for the better.
- Our team: We have a passionate, smart team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Your life: We take pride in our flexibility. Working remotely is part of how we need to work these days. You’re a professional, and we trust you to do what you need to do.