Vise is an investment management platform built for financial advisors. Founded in 2016, Vise gives advisors the tools and technology they need to grow their business and help clients achieve their goals. By empowering advisors, Vise advances its mission of creating financial freedom for everyone. Vise is backed by Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, Bond Capital and Ribbit Capital, and recently completed a Series C funding round. Come join us!
As the Director of Sales, you will lead and grow a high-performing team of individuals that sell into the RIA channel. You will have in-depth experience in both managing and closing complex deals; as well as, specific industry experience across National RIA’s, TAMPS, Aggregators, Family Offices and other segments within the RIA community. Additionally, you will have deep experience in asset allocation products, specifically relating to model portfolio’s composed of mutual funds, ETFs, and direct index products.. You’ll provide strategic direction to the sales teams as it relates to growth, retention, and upsell potential; while also putting the sales team on a trajectory that maintains Vise’s high growth momentum.
Our office is located in One World Trade in NYC. Our office is open at limited capacity with strict contact tracing and protocols for anyone who chooses to go in. We will continue to be remote-optional until September 30, 2021. We will monitor Covid-19 trends to ensure the safety of our employees.What you will own
- Coach sales reps and provide continuous guidance to the broader team.
- Create specific sales goals, closely monitor and communicate progress towards sales goals to executive management
- Drive the profitable long-term development of the fast-growing RIA business and identify major growth opportunities for the sales team.
- Improve the service model for sales activity based on deep expertise of the market, competition, regulatory considerations, and standard investment methodologies.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to create and test long term growth strategies for key territory prospects and channel partners.
- Shape cross-functional teams and collaboration across Vise and use existing relationships to engage in successful prospecting activity and service to current clients.
- Comfortability to be inserted into most complex and high impact sales conversations to assist in closing and expediting the sales cycle.
- Own recruiting, objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales team
- Build on your outstanding industry knowledge and external expertise to provide value and influence
- Own partnership with Client Services, Account Management, Operations, Engineering, Product, and Finance teams at Vise
- Create an inclusive culture that cultivates differences.
- Minimum of 5 years of asset management experience, with at least 2 years of direct sales experience to the RIA community
- 3+ years of experience building and leading high-performing teams covering the RIA marketplace
- Deep understanding of model portfolio providers, direct indexing providers, and asset allocation products utilized by investment management competition.
- SaaS or Financial Technology industry experience is a plus
- Ability to develop and critically analyze a sales pipeline and forecast
- Desire to solve complex client problems and operate in a hyper growth environment
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. CFP or CFA preferred, not required
Vise celebrates and embraces diversity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and skills. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.