Orchard is transforming the way people buy and sell their homes. Simplifying it, to the way it should have always been; fair and true to market, straightforward, easy. Every year in the U.S., $1.5 trillion of single-family residences transact, generating over $120 billion of fees in a process that has changed little in decades. For the average American, the home purchase and sale process takes months, creates anxiety, and is filled with uncertainty and hassle.
Orchard offers a modern alternative, making one of life's biggest decisions – the sale and purchase of a home – stress free, fair and simple.
Orchard launched in 2017 and was previously known as Perch. The company is headquartered in New York City, has 150+ employees and has grown 10x year over year. We have raised over $300 million in financing from top tier investors including: Firstmark, Accomplice, Navitas and Juxtapose.
We are proud to be recognized by Inc. Magazine as a best workplace of 2020 and have a 4.9 Glassdoor rating!
Role and Responsibilities
The Head of Sales Operations will be a critical member of the Orchard team. Reporting into the Chief Revenue Officer, this person will be responsible for process creation and optimization, business intelligence and reporting, strategic planning, sales compensation/incentives and serve as the key stakeholder across product and tooling enhancements and implementations.
As the Head of Sales Operations, you will:
- Collaborate with Orchard's CRO and broader senior leadership team across sales, FP&A, product, field operations and underwriting/investments.
- Be a thought partner for the senior leadership team, leading conversations around process improvement and efficiency while making intelligent decisions which inform company strategy.
- Serve as the key sales stakeholder for all product iterations and technology implementations.
- Work with the Business Intelligence team to develop and track all performance KPIs and extract key insights that will deliver against company performance standards and objectives.
- Be responsible for management and creation of all standard operating procedures across the sales organization.
- Partner with sales leadership to help identify key areas for process improvement that will drive greater customer experience and improve conversion efficiency.
- Oversee the sales compensation and incentive program.
- Strong partner to CRO, with the ability to uncover critical operational insights that will drive greater performance efficiency while maintaining a strong people culture.
- Be a champion for Orchard!
- Bachelor’s Degree and MBA preferred, but not required.
- At least 10+ years professional experience with 5+ years leading sales operations function within an entrepreneurial, high growth business.
- Deep understanding of the principles and levers that drive effective sales organizations.
- Strong analytical capabilities and adept at solving complex problems.
- A+ Leader who is able to formulate compelling, data driven, solutions and recommendations to deliver against objectives.
- Proven ability to build & manage high performing sales operations teams.
- Priven background working across new technology and product implementations.
- History creating and managing sales compensation plans and incentives.
- Experience scaling rapidly growing sales organizations.
- Demonstrated track record of success in exceptional goal achievement.
- Experience working in a technology-driven environment.
- You execute like an entrepreneur: High energy and action-oriented with a history of getting things done in complex, fast moving environments. Successful in scrappy and entrepreneurial environments, with a drive to get things done
- Strong analytical skills with relentless attention to detail backed by a data-driven mentality. Genuine intellectual curiosity
- Track record of good business judgment with maturity, diplomacy, and strong leadership and communication skills (both written and verbal). Can run processes and meetings independently
- Highly effective at building collaborative relationships across our entire organization.
- An entrepreneur who sees ambiguity as opportunity, and obstacles as opportunities to build new solutions
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members (at all levels of the Company) in a hands-on management capacity
- Results orientation with a strong work ethic. Must be tenacious, with the emotional intelligence to know when to push harder and when to look for alternative approaches. Solutions-focused mindset
- A strong multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize work based on business and operational needs. Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to work under high pressure and to meet deadlines
- People describe you as: Passionate, a leader, a strong communicator, and someone that “gets things done.”