Transfix, named to Forbes’ “Next Billion-Dollar Startups” list, is the leading transportation solutions provider whose digital brokerage marketplace and logistics software offerings are helping transform the $800 billion trucking industry. Since its founding in 2013, Transfix has been driven by a mission to deliver simple, smart, and sustainable solutions for shippers and carriers, powered by people and technology.
By combining deep industry expertise and a best in class carrier network with cutting-edge technology, Transfix is reimagining the world of transportation. Fortune 500 companies such as Staples, Unilever, Target and Wayfair rely on Transfix to handle their most important FTL freight needs. With instant pricing, algorithmic matching, superior service, and unmatched intelligence, Transfix is optimizing the supply chain from start to finish. Come leave a positive impact on the environment as we help reduce the carbon footprint caused by the 65 billion wasted miles on the road.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. Recognized as one of Built In’s Best Places to Work 2021, Transfix is building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We’re hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
The Head of Sales Ops will be a core part of the broader commercial team and work jointly with Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Onboarding, Finance and Operations. This role will place you at an exciting intersection of a fast-growing company, with an opportunity to directly influence and impact daily business operations.
The ideal candidate is obsessed with repeatability, scalability, and disciplined process development. They are excited by finding inefficiencies and proactively building solutions to improve processes and procedures that make our sales teams more efficient. They will constantly develop and implement ways to transform our business through clever sales strategy and sales operations, and understand the finer details around planning, forecasting, pipeline generation and management, and compensation. They will be comfortable communicating at the executive level, as this role will regularly interact with executive leadership. Lastly, they should also be comfortable with people management, as the role will manage a small team of direct reports.
If you’re excited about transforming an industry, being part of an innovative culture, and making a positive impact on the environment, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Design, implement and manage thoughtful and innovative strategies to increase new sales revenue generation and operational efficiency
- Establish, implement and constantly improve best practices for outbound and inbound new prospect reach out
- Establish, implement and constantly improve best practices for prospects in the pipeline
- Partner with Sales and Marketing on creating new assets and engagement strategies
- Hire, lead, and develop the Sales Operations organization as business needs evolve
- Partner with Finance/FP&A to develop best operational practices to increase operational oversight, accurately track the pipeline, and project future revenue potential
- Own and manage the weekly sales forecast from monitoring changes in the pipeline to ensuring all cross functional teams are included on key sales initiatives
- Partner with commercial organization leadership to regularly provide written and verbal presentations to executive leadership on progress across all sales activities
- Provide guidance for long term design, development, and implementation of sales tools and systems to support business objectives
- Ensure the effective administration and data integrity of sales systems including Salesforce, Looker, and sales automation tools
- Thoroughly document all processes and procedures; keep materials up-to-date; and ensure new hires in revenue-producing roles are onboarded and trained efficiently and regularly on newly implemented processes and procedures
- Continually ensure the sales function is operationally efficient and set up to scale predictably and sustainably
- 8+ years of Sales or Revenue Operations management at a high growth B2B company (SAAS preferred)
- Experience understanding what is important to drive operational excellence in a Sales organization - you have enough experience to know what questions need to be asked
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity
- Startup and/or entrepreneurial experience strongly preferred; logistics background is an advantage but not required
- Thrives in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment and has a demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent presenter with ability to communicate complex information to a senior audience in an understandable way
- Data-centric thinker with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and managing sales operations and analytical professionals
- Advanced knowledge of broad spectrum of sales technology tools, including CRM platforms (ideally Salesforce), SalesLoft or Outreach, and ZoomInfo, Clearbit, or similar
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.