Block is an innovative renovation platform transforming the $400 billion renovation industry. Founded by Luke Sherwin (co-founder of Casper) and Koda Wang (former COO at Huffington Post and CCO at Rent The Runway), Block has set out to disrupt the renovation industry. Backed by the likes of New Enterprise Associates, Obvious Ventures and Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Block is on a mission to provide homeowners a better way to improve the spaces they live in and to provide contractors a better way to work.
We are a mission-driven company in the midst of building an ambitious, tenacious and creative team who are not only unafraid of tackling new challenges but also driven by inspiring problems. This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting high-growth company and take on an active role in helping to build it from the ground up.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate, ambitious and motivated associate to join our fast-paced sales and business development team! Our organization is growing and evolving constantly as we try to keep up with demand. This role is for someone who wants to be part of an exciting start-up, solving complicated challenges that touch everyday consumers. We are looking for someone who can help us think strategically about our broader growth goals and sales strategy as well as actively help the team meet those goals.You will work directly with the team to build and manage a pipeline as well as contribute to the efficiency of the Block’s sales process, growth goals and business development initiatives.
As part of our Inside Sales Team, you will be trained as an expert in our products and learn skills in presentation, communication, persuasion, and operations. You will not only learn about sales, strategy and business development but also collaborate and learn from other functions in the company as well.
- Respond, engage and qualify inbound leads and inquiries
- Act as the subject matter expert on Block’s product offerings and solutions
- Engage existing leads to expand brand awareness, educate, ask for referrals, identify new opportunities and develop lead funnel
- Qualify leads and determine prospect motivation, offering solutions and support
- Schedule appointments with potential customers and our sales team
- Document all notes on customer interaction in our CRM
- Re-engage with legacy leads to create an ongoing Block experience
- Work closely with the broader sales team to develop leads and schedule appointments
- Use internal tools and resources to further develop the pre-lead sales funnel
- Hold intelligent and engaging conversations over the phone and email
- Seek opportunity to contribute to the overall sales strategy
- Proactively communicates successes and challenges
- Better identify how leads can be targeted/dispersed
- Contribute insight on how best to market to new leads utilizing past data/communication with our client base
- Consistent track record of meeting and exceeding monthly and quarterly goals
- Maintaining daily KPIs and track weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales and productivity metrics
- Embrace change and articulate the impact their efforts are having on the business, the team and themselves
- Minimum of 1-2 years of work experience in a sales or business development role, preferred
- Hustle, ambition and drive to hit and exceed goals
- Strong social and communication skills as well as comfort in talking to new people
- Grit - we love a team player who is not only unafraid of new challenges but also embraces them!
- Strong communication and relationship development skills, both internally and externally
- This is an ever-changing environment and flexibility is key
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- An all-hands on deck mentality and adaptability to think through growth goals creatively - even our co-founders embrace cold-calling, we are a very flat organization!
- Early-stage employee equity
- Vacation days and company holidays
- Working alongside an ambitious, kind, no-drama team
- Exposure to work alongside talented early-employees of some of the biggest and most successful technology companies (ClassPass, Rent the Runway, Casper, Tesla and more)
Compensation comes in the form of a base salary plus performance-based bonus / commission opportunities.
Read Full Job Description