Insurance Agent (Licensed) at Better.com
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $2 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a licensed Personal Lines Insurance Agent (we call them Insurance Experts) to join our internal insurance agency, Better Cover. You are going to be instrumental in the development of a profitable, national, multi-line insurance entity that we’re building to help get borrowers home.
The ideal candidate is an experienced personal lines insurance professional and highly organized communicator who consistently makes sound decisions, all while maintaining composure in a fast-paced environment. You will be interacting directly with customers and policyholders via phone, email, and text to ensure they have the best possible experience with Better Cover. We are looking for individuals who build rapport quickly and bring positive “can-do” energy to their work and team.
Are you excited to deliver an awesome experience for our customers? Are you a team-player and a great communicator? Do you want to join a growing team and build the foundation of the best sales organization in insurance? Then we want to talk to you!
Responsibilities will include:
- Being available as the main point of contact to talk with Better borrowers and other interested insurance customers, and help them get homeowners insurance
- Take a consultative sales approach to ensure that we match customers with the best insurance products for their unique needs
- Build and maintain relationships with our insurance partners in order to create the strongest possible integrations with our network of carriers
- Working with internal teams and third parties to help ensure a smooth efficient loan process for our insurance customers
- Organizing and managing a pipeline of insurance customers
- Coming up with and driving initiatives for how we can improve our customer experience - we value your feedback!
- An active property and casualty agent or broker license
- World class verbal and written communication skills and enthusiasm for sales
- Eagerness to achieve and surpass monthly and quarterly conversion targets
- Some knowledge of personal lines insurance underwriting
- A desire to be a part of a team where you can take ownership of your work and Better Cover’s growth!
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, age, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.