Lead, Business Development at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
The Department: Business Development
Transforming finance and empowering the individual through crypto is a deeply human pursuit. In Business Development we identify, build, and manage relationships with institutional clients and strategic partners to drive the growth of Gemini’s platform. We generate value by connecting the dots between client needs and opportunities in the digital asset industry, and operate cross-functionally to design and execute on client solutions and new business lines.
The Role: Lead, Business Development
Gemini is looking for a Lead, Business Development to help grow our institutional business in the Americas by promoting Gemini’s unique value proposition in the financial space.
This person will play a significant part in broadening Gemini’s reputation as a trusted, secure cryptocurrency exchange for institutional clients and will use a thoughtful and knowledgeable approach to gain new business and to cultivate established relationships.
This position is full-time and will report to the Director of Business Development at Gemini’s office in New York, and will work closely with Gemini’s Global Business Development team.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for Gemini’s exchange, custody, and other institutional products
- Support senior Business Development team members in the acquisition and management of ultra-high net worth and institutional client relationships
- Partner with Gemini’s support, marketing, product, compliance, and financial operations teams to deliver exceptional client experience and drive improvements to our platform
- Develop a solution-driven approach to serve our institutional client base which may require creative out of the box thinking and working closely with our offices globally
- 3+ years of relevant experience in crypto, fintech or traditional financial markets
- A resourceful self-starter and tenacious problem-solver, willing to roll up one's sleeves to meet client needs and improve client experience
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, work ethic, and time management skills
- Passion for learning about new technology and the digital asset industry
- Comfortable working in an evolving, high growth startup environment
- Demonstrated interest in digital assets
- Experience working in operations and/or client service
- Experience working with family office and/or corporate clients
- Foreign language skills, especially Spanish and/or Portuguese
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.