Manager, Case Management - Life Insurance at Policygenius
Case Management at Policygenius
Do you have a knack for customer problem-solving and an eye for detail? Do you take pride in delivering an organized and complete work product for customers? Are you an experienced people leader? Then come join our team as an Operations Manager!
This role is the critical link among our life insurance clients, our agents and insurance partners. You’ll be managing our high-performing Case Management Team, which: ensures application packages are in good order, gathers and reviews all underwriting requirements, and assists our clients with securing the best available offer for their life insurance needs.
- Co-manage a case management team and own their individual and team-level performance by delivering structured feedback through 1:1s, performance reviews, and professional development conversations
- Align direct reports on team goals (daily, weekly, monthly) and provide them regular visibility into the progress toward those goals; ensure they have the performance feedback/data they need to optimally perform
- Provide daily coaching and supervision through: side-by-sides, retroactive ticket review and team huddles
- Be accountable for the hiring funnel for immediate team; deliver on hiring targets set by direct manager
- In concert with the quality assurance team, ensure compliance with regulation and adherence to Pg quality standards
- Work with team leads and applicable stakeholders to handle client escalations and vendor issues--providing actionable feedback to drive process and product improvements
- Regularly report out on team performance to company executives (Founders,VP, Directors) focusing on insights and initiatives to improve performance
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience; previous management or player-coach experience required
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise and workflow mastery in case management
- Strong communication skills with an attention to detail
- A positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize throughout the day
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- Demonstrated people skills: sound judgment in people situations, ability to have difficult conversations, ability to deliver feedback in line with the Pg model, empathy and tact
- Humility and an openness to learn
- A teamwork mindset -- you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- The desire to grow professionally and contribute to the success and culture of the company
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship!!!
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. Since 2014, our mission has been to help people get the financial protection they need (and feel good about it). We make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" two years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!