Manager, Sales Development
Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that combines engaging, leveled content with integrated formative assessments and insights to supercharge engagement and learning in every subject. Students and teachers use Newsela to find digital content from hundreds of the best sources—from National Geographic to NASA, Biography.com to Encyclopedia Britannica, the Washington Post to the Wichita Eagle. Content is instructionalized to meet students where they are, with interactive tools and analytics to take them where they want to go. Newsela has become an essential solution for schools and districts, with a presence in over 90% of U.S. K-12 schools. Newsela is the content platform for the connected classroom.
As a key member of our Sales management team, you will lead and manage our Sales Development Representatives who are responsible for inbound and outbound lead generation. As a Manager, you will identify new opportunities and create strategic plans to break into new markets.
You will be responsible for driving best practices and implementing new technologies for lead generation. In addition, you and your team will work collaboratively with Marketing, Inside Sales and Field Sales teams to strategize and ensure the effectiveness of lead generation campaigns.
- Create realistic and appropriate goals, and put action plans in place to achieve them.
- Lead all mentoring and coaching activities to build high performing lead generation team.
- Consistently monitor lead generation activity of the team and track results. Ensure data integrity and appropriate use of Salesforce.
- Recruit, hire, onboard and train sales development representatives and sales support.
- Oversee tracking of forecasts and create reports to demonstrate progress.
- Meet and exceed team-based and company KPIs.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years experience in a management or leadership role.
- 2+ years of experience in lead generation or sales role.
- 1+ year experience in a SaaS company.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally develop and coach team members.
- A team player – you have a track record of working collaboratively as part of a larger team on a mission.
- Process-oriented – you are obsessed with efficiency, removing roadblocks for the lead generation team.
- A solid communicator – you enjoy working with internal partners to solve problems.
- Entrepreneurial – you thrive on creating things that didn’t previously exist.
- Analytical – you love to mine data, unlocking key insights that drive strategic decision-making.
- A passion for education, technology and literacy.