Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
In this role you will lead our world class Technical Account Management team, tasked with supporting our largest merchant as they integrate and expand how they use Affirm. We have ambitious goals to grow the network of merchants who accept Affirm as a payment method, both in-store and online, and we rely on our TAMs to make those goals a reality. This team takes the baton from sales, capitalizing on the enthusiasm of a just-signed merchant, and guides them through the practical and technical realities of going live with Affirm quickly.
What You'll Do
- Coach and mentor an awesome group of TAMs with varying levels of experience.
- Forecast the demand for TAMs and recruit as necessary.
- Work with our customer success team to help merchants take better advantage of Affirm’s offerings.
- Technically, you will evaluate new hires on their technical capabilities, handle escalations from your own team, provide guidance to the TAMs on solution designs, and be seen as an expert by our customers.
- Be a strong internal advocate for our merchants, working cross functionally to make sure their highest priorities are being met.
What We Look For
- At least five years in a b2b customer facing technical role and three years as a people manager.
- A strong technical background in web development technologies, with a computer science degree or professional engineering experience.
- A great relationship builder who has the ability to quickly build rapport with engineering customers.
- A fantastic communicator, both when advocating for customers internally and advocating for Affirm externally.
- Bonus: Experience providing solutions to e-commerce or in-store retailers.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes. #LI-DA1
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can learn more about our D&I efforts here.