At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with a loyal 10 million members who believe that rental is the future.
The Merchandise Assistant works with the Buying Team and is responsible for data entry and maintenance of product information in the merchandise system. The position requires frequent communication with other members of the fashion team (buying, planning, and site merchandising) as well as with vendors, distribution centers, and stores.
- Input and maintain inventory data.
- Responsible for all purchase-order creation.
- Update style information including any price adjustments, as needed.
- Generate weekly selling reports and provide vendors with accurate selling information. Escalate any damage and return for fit issues to buyers.
- Clearly communicate performance metrics with vendors and share insights on assortment and customer preferences.
- Provide administrative support to the buying division as necessary.
- Handle other responsibilities and projects, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university
- 0-1 year experience in a retail or fashion-related industry role.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- Contribute to and work well within a team environment.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.